Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

VIN question

Old 02-18-2010, 04:04 PM   #1
surfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed
surfrat's Tacoma Gallery
VIN question

Hey guys this is my first post here..I am getting rid of my FJ and stepping into a 2010 tacoma... I have owned 5 toyota trucks and loved them all..all reliable.. the thing that bugs me was each truck started a VIN with "J" i like my japan made toyotas.. now the truck that is practically mine now is starting with a "3". this means the truck was made in mexico..should i be concerned? Are there any affected recalls by this?
Old 02-18-2010, 04:06 PM   #2
ROOTIN AROUND
08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of

Army: BNCOC SGL
Name: Joshua
08TRD Sport's Tacoma Gallery
call the dealership they should be able to tell you.. mine starts with a 5
Old 02-18-2010, 04:10 PM   #3
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
nothing that i know of?
Old 02-18-2010, 04:13 PM   #4
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
any recalls/tsb's chould affect both US and Mex built tacomas as they use the same parts at both as far as i know. i've owned 07 and 09 tacos and both were built in Mex and i've had no issues w/ anything
Old 02-18-2010, 05:43 PM   #5
surfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed
surfrat's Tacoma Gallery
would you guys say there is an overall quality difference between usa/mexico models vs. japan models?
Old 02-18-2010, 05:44 PM   #6
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

there are no japan models for tacomas, at least 05+
Old 02-18-2010, 06:03 PM   #7
surfrat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
there are no japan models for tacomas, at least 05+
thanks for the info...im new to the tacoma scene.. i had a 91, 94 pickup a 96 4runner ,an FJ and tommorow i pick up the taco..i wont be able to sleep tonight..and i already got a mod bug
Old 02-18-2010, 06:05 PM   #8
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfrat View Post
thanks for the info...im new to the tacoma scene.. i had a 91, 94 pickup a 96 4runner ,an FJ and tommorow i pick up the taco..i wont be able to sleep tonight..and i already got a mod bug
yeah...they are only made in Cali or Mexico, but IIRC, they are moving the tacos to san antonio w/ the tundras....not 100% though