1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Major Rear Ender Today

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Rocketball, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Feb 18, 2010 at 6:28 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    Crap, you OK? Poor taco.

2. Feb 18, 2010 at 6:28 PM
    c2thegreat

c2thegreat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ol' Virginny
    Vehicle:
    09 4 banger
    Readylift sst,31in. mts,TRD sport bilstein rear shocks,new head unit,bedlined tool box,fishing rack,35% tint,fogs
    that sucks man sorry to hear about it

3. Feb 18, 2010 at 6:35 PM
    skistoy

skistoy Make mine a Double!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Western New York
    Vehicle:
    09 4X4 SR5 BSP Double Taco
    Rear Spring TSB,Billy 5100@.85,Bull bar,Nerfbar,Painted Grill,Painted Rims,Bed D-rings,Compustar Starter,Goodyear Duratrac's,Transmission TSB,Brake Overide
    OUCH! Glad you ok.
    did the kid have good insurance?
    Hope so !

4. Feb 18, 2010 at 6:35 PM
    Rocketball

Rocketball [OP] If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Westminster, MD
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue DC Sport 4x4
    Pioneer head unit, PAC steering wheel control modual, Hard wired Sirius radio, Hard wired radar detector, Hella Supertone horns, Blacked out badges, Smoked Tails, BHLM (color matched Speedway Blue), T-Rex Eyelids, Black Powder Coated Billet Grill, Color Matched Engine Cover, Lund in channel vent visors, FJ Cruiser wheels, Leer 100XQ shell, OEM bed mat, Piezo beeper for locking doors, Tinted front side windows, Black Westin bull bar, Aires tube steps, Mini Maglite Mod, D-Cell Maglite Mod, Weathertech Digifit Floor Mats
    I put the bull bar on for looks, and this one's really not very heavy.

With the force of the impact, I'm certain it did not do anything to lessen or add to the damage. I was hit somewhere between 20-30 mph from behind and I was at a complete stop.

5. Feb 18, 2010 at 6:37 PM
    Rocketball

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Westminster, MD
    Vehicle:
    Pioneer head unit, PAC steering wheel control modual, Hard wired Sirius radio, Hard wired radar detector, Hella Supertone horns, Blacked out badges, Smoked Tails, BHLM (color matched Speedway Blue), T-Rex Eyelids, Black Powder Coated Billet Grill, Color Matched Engine Cover, Lund in channel vent visors, FJ Cruiser wheels, Leer 100XQ shell, OEM bed mat, Piezo beeper for locking doors, Tinted front side windows, Black Westin bull bar, Aires tube steps, Mini Maglite Mod, D-Cell Maglite Mod, Weathertech Digifit Floor Mats
    I really can't say for sure.... I saw him coming so I had a split second to prepare for an impact. Othe than a few sore muscles I'm fine, so I guess the seats did a good job of protecting me.

6. Feb 18, 2010 at 6:38 PM
    Rocketball

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Westminster, MD
    Vehicle:
    Yea, it's all good. I've already talked to their insurance agent.

7. Feb 18, 2010 at 6:51 PM
    JAG

JAG Well-Known Member

Member:
    I had a similar situation that wasn't my fault. First be sure to go the med stop and get checked out.

Not trying to scare you but one of my family members died because he was in an accident walked away from it when no injuries... 2 months later... dead because internal problems :(

When I had my accident I had nothing wrong at first but parents made me get checked out after what happened earlier. Get an ekg, mri... double check this but your insurance covers up to 10000 dollars in medical bills at least for GA thats what they do. I ended up going for Physical Therapy for 3 months cause my back was wack...

Keep a record of all your stuff... just start a file box and keep all the paper work from the accident and keep it organize... hate to say it but it took a year for everything to settle down and bills stop coming to my house (even though I didn't have to pay for anything).

Bottom line is to get checked out. It looks like your truck will be totalled... and I would do everything in your power to make sure your truck is totaled... think of stuff... driveshaft... engine... whatever.

My truck was repaired and never been the same... I had to take it back and forth numerous times.

I am not gonna post whore your thread... PM me and I can help with stuff you need to do... from insurance to med bills to dealer... whatever man.

Sorry about your wreck.

EDIT: Forgot to add... about your title... Thats what she said....

8. Feb 18, 2010 at 6:53 PM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......
    dang man, glad you're ok!!!! That sucks bad!

9. Feb 18, 2010 at 7:00 PM
    whitebread

whitebread Well-Known Member

Member:
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    2019 OR 4x4 6MT
    All that matters is if everybody is okay. Trucks are replaceable; people are not. It is a bummer though...

10. Feb 18, 2010 at 7:05 PM
    meckleystephen

meckleystephen My Taco is Bi-Winning!!!!!!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    York, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Toyota Tacoma Off Road
    3 Inch Toytec lift,Blacked out badges
    that might be totalled man that blows i would have killed that kid

11. Feb 18, 2010 at 7:56 PM
    xmixpixx

xmixpixx Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    05 SR5 TRD Off Road 6 spd
    That's a bummer. I got rear ended this past July in my taco. I had the ball in my hitch since I was out fishing in the boat the night before. That caused a ton of damage to the wrangler that hit me. I had a good bit of frame damage, as well as a destroyed bet and body damage.. We were stuck together because of my hitch... I had to pull him off the road.. but everything was covered by the other guy's insurance. A few weeks of driving a hyundai elantra rental car sure made me miss my taco... I think the damage ended up being around 8k...

0704091709_93999e70e79ae222a4b80f7a1612d8bc6bd85ff0.jpg

12. Feb 18, 2010 at 7:59 PM
    01tacoprerunner

01tacoprerunner 01 4WD Prerunner

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    01 4WD Prerunner
    When i read this i thought cmack had been at it again.:D

But seriously that sucks man, glad you were ok.

13. Feb 18, 2010 at 7:59 PM
    WVtriple

WVtriple Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    WV eastern panhandle
    Vehicle:
    07 DC TRD Sport
    Satoshi grill mod, Redline Tuning Hood struts and tailgate E-Z down, HID headlights and fogs, LED tail lamp upgrade, TRD exhaust, FJ TRD Anthracite Wheels, T-REX eyelids, power sunroof, 5100 Billies and ToyTec AAL, K&N drop-in, TRD seatcovers, Weathertech floor mats, Fog light any-time mod, Pop-n-lock, slotted front rotors with ceramic pads, BenWa power rear slider mod, blackout badges, and blacked out center stack and console. 7" HID's behind the grill. LED light bar in the lower grill. Trailer plug relocate. Auxiliary reverse LED's wired in to be manual or auto on when in reverse.
    Sorry to see that happen to a really nice looking truck, I work up in Hunt Valley, and take 70 in a couple times a week, it seems lately that the volume of traffic has really increased over the past year, you have to be twice as vigilant , again sorry about your truck , and glad youre ok.

14. Feb 18, 2010 at 8:06 PM
    ksj

ksj Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    2018 Cavalry Blue TRD Pro
    265/70-17 KO2
    Be sure and tell the insurance folks that you expect to be reimbursed for the diminished value of your truck. Anyone that got a Carfax will probably steer away from your truck, or at best give you a lowball offer. A dealer will take thousands off in trade-in value. Even the one who did the repair!

Make their insurance pay for that.

15. Feb 18, 2010 at 8:47 PM
    littledvl

littledvl ride BMX!

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Saint Leonard MD
    Vehicle:
    08 taco dc 4x4 / 15 tundra dc 4x4
    Too many to list
    That sucks man, glad everyone is ok. That makes 2 maryland people with a swb truck that have got rear ended within the past few weeks. I ned to keep a good eye out :eek:.

16. Feb 18, 2010 at 9:15 PM
    Okkine

Okkine Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    1998 Tacoma, V6, Manual Transmission, 4x4
    DAMN!! Sorry to hear... Glad you're ok though. Hope they total it for ya.

17. Feb 18, 2010 at 9:23 PM
    topgun155

topgun155 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Richmond, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 F-150 5.0
    RIP to my 08 Prerunner DC
    Hope everything works out allright.

18. Feb 19, 2010 at 3:39 PM
    Rocketball

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Westminster, MD
    Vehicle:
    Stopped by the body shop late today. Their still working on the estimate and I won't know the actual number until some time on Monday, but he did say it's going to need a frame, and that part alone is $3K. :eek: Glad it's not on my dime.

19. Feb 19, 2010 at 4:07 PM
    Okkine

Okkine Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    1998 Tacoma, V6, Manual Transmission, 4x4
    I'm guessing they're going to give him a new one any way.... At least I hope so.

20. Feb 19, 2010 at 4:18 PM
    Trigger

Trigger Well-Known Member

Member:
    SAD FACE. Sorry to hear man. Hope all works out.

x2 on swapin those tailights out man. People can really get screwed with those.

Products Discussed in

To Top