Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Major Rear Ender Today

Old 02-18-2010, 06:46 PM   #1
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy Major Rear Ender Today

Got rear ended today on my way to work by a high school student in a Tahoe. Just wasn't paying attention..... He pushed me into a minivan that was in front of me.

Roads were clean and dry.

Haven't been to the body shop for an estimate yet, but I know there's frame damage.

Everybody was ok. Only bent sheet metal and plastic.

I took these pics when I got to work.

Here's the back end. Major carnage:

You can see how the bed is pushed down in the back. Notice the gap between the cab and the bed/cap. It gets much larger at the top.

Here's a short broom handle laying in the bed. There's about a 1 1/2" gap under one end of the stick. The bed is actually bowed:

My brand new bull bar flattened like a tin can:

The headlight lenses did not break, but the mounting tabs are all broken:

Can't see in the pics, but the mounting brackets of the grill are broken too.

No telling how much more damage is hidden.....
Old 02-18-2010, 06:49 PM   #2
GLL40 is on a distinguished road

GLL40's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to GLL40
dude your in maryland?? where at im in howard co. i really need a front bumper. i tryed parking in snow and my front bumper pushed in like plastic?? would you wanna let go of the bumper?? sorry about your crash
Old 02-18-2010, 06:49 PM   #3
Taco Lover
tegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tegdog's Tacoma Gallery
Damn that sucks, glad no one was hurt.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:50 PM   #4
vball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud of

Army:
Name: Steven
vball6pac's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry brother... Always hate to see carnage. Glad everyone was alright. Almost garauntee there was a cell phone involved in the tahoe..
Old 02-18-2010, 06:51 PM   #5
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
that sucks man. glad to hear no one was injured.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:52 PM   #6
YoterHead is on a distinguished road
YoterHead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLL40 View Post
dude your in maryland?? where at im in howard co. i really need a front bumper. i tryed parking in snow and my front bumper pushed in like plastic?? would you wanna let go of the bumper?? sorry about your crash
lol at the first reply being a scavenge for parts.

Glad everyone was ok. Are you responsible for the car in front of you in this case?
Old 02-18-2010, 06:54 PM   #7

GLL40's Tacoma Gallery
lol gota do what you gota do... but if hes getting new parts i figured id try... where did it happen in maryland??
Old 02-18-2010, 06:54 PM   #8
Not all who wander are lost
01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

01GREENTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vball6pac View Post
Sorry brother... Always hate to see carnage. Glad everyone was alright. Almost garauntee there was a cell phone involved in the tahoe..
for sure with the cell phone
Old 02-18-2010, 06:54 PM   #9
81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
dibs on the intermittent wiper controls
Old 02-18-2010, 06:55 PM   #10
Ainokea
MrZoggs will become famous soon enough

Name: Zach
MrZoggs's Tacoma Gallery

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Not the truck...

Damn Dude, That's rough..

Sucks even more for the kid though.. I bet damages will be up in the high thousands to fix your truck. Ball parked I'd say 8-11k.

Good luck~ Hope insurance kicks in a bit.

BTW- This might be a perfect opportunity to think about upgrading to full sheet metal bumpers...
Old 02-18-2010, 06:55 PM   #11
Molōn labe!
choptop will become famous soon enough

choptop's Tacoma Gallery
Ouch, that sucks man, glad nobody was injured though. Your ride has frame damage in the rear for sure. The gap between your topper, bed and cab is V shaped. Not good...
Old 02-18-2010, 06:59 PM   #12
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoterHead View Post
lol at the first reply being a scavenge for parts.

Glad everyone was ok. Are you responsible for the car in front of you in this case?
No, already got that covered with the insurance company. They tolsd me the guy that caused the accident would pay for that.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:00 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLL40 View Post
lol gota do what you gota do... but if hes getting new parts i figured id try... where did it happen in maryland??
I Howard County. Rt 32 and Rt 70. I was at a stop waiting to go up to the Rt 70 ramp.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:02 PM   #14

GLL40's Tacoma Gallery
I'm right off marriotsville. damn i hate that interesection... nice taco btw
Old 02-18-2010, 07:02 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by choptop View Post
Ouch, that sucks man, glad nobody was injured though. Your ride has frame damage in the rear for sure. The gap between your topper, bed and cab is V shaped. Not good...
For sure..... The gap goes from about 1/4" to 1 1/2" at the top.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:10 PM   #17
YoterHead is on a distinguished road
YoterHead's Tacoma Gallery
I've gotta ask if how you feel about the bull bar? in most cases they do good damage to your ride if you hit something. it looks like yours absorbed a little energy, but it also looks like it twisted up and caused damage to your grill area. hard to say if the damage would have been better or worse without it, but i'm usually a proponent of no bull bar and letting the truck crash as it was designed to.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:12 PM   #18
rme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Helicopter pilot still serving
rme's Tacoma Gallery
Glad to see your okay...! Did your seats give you any kind of protection against whip last or back injury?
Old 02-18-2010, 07:17 PM   #19
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear this news but am glad you are ok & wish you the best in getting your truck fixed or replaced.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:26 PM   #20
ROLLIN ON RUST
senor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
senor taco's Tacoma Gallery
That sucks man! If I were you I would swap out those tail lights before the insurance copmany checks it out. I've heard of people getting screwed from having tinted tails. Glad to hear your uk though.