Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

My 2010 Pre-Runner Build – A Collection of Essential Mods for Every New Tacoma

View Poll Results: Whats your favorite mod in this thread?
The "hose clamp" and "cable strap" tailgate security mod... 24 28.24%
The rear bed cargo area compartment locks... 18 21.18%
The plywood bed liner with the 4 extra D-Ring bed tiedowns... 5 5.88%
Removing the rear seat headrests for enhanced rear view mirror visibility... 15 17.65%
Replacing the OEM cigarette lighter with an additional OEM 12V power outlet and cover... 18 21.18%
Adding an additional OEM 12V power outlet and USB port to the rear console panel... 16 18.82%
Adding the plastic soup cups and OEM ashtray for additional center console storage... 3 3.53%
I think all the mods are cool and I vote for them all... 33 38.82%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2010, 06:24 PM   #41
andrewrosz is just really niceandrewrosz is just really niceandrewrosz is just really niceandrewrosz is just really niceandrewrosz is just really nice
andrewrosz's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a picture of my new 2010 Tacoma Pre-Runner as it was being loaded off the dock en route to South Florida... And as for how long it took me to complete all the mods featured on this thread... I started working on the mods the day I brought the truck home, and it took about three weeks to get everything done. I'm still waiting for the Wet Okole seat covers (on order) though... I'll post a few more pictures once I get them installed.
My 2010 Pre-Runner Build – A Collection of Essential Mods for Every New Tacoma-my-2010-tacoma-pre-runner.jpg
Old 02-24-2010, 11:50 PM   #42
Tackz is a splendid one to beholdTackz is a splendid one to beholdTackz is a splendid one to beholdTackz is a splendid one to beholdTackz is a splendid one to beholdTackz is a splendid one to beholdTackz is a splendid one to beholdTackz is a splendid one to behold

Tackz's Tacoma Gallery
Good mods man. Here's a suggestion: coat that bed plywood with Herculiner. It'll hold anything & everything in place, is tough as nails and it'll protect the wood from the weather.
Old 02-27-2010, 02:01 PM   #43
andrewrosz is just really niceandrewrosz is just really niceandrewrosz is just really niceandrewrosz is just really niceandrewrosz is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackz View Post
Good mods man. Here's a suggestion: coat that bed plywood with Herculiner. It'll hold anything & everything in place, is tough as nails and it'll protect the wood from the weather.
Thanks. I'm definitely going to look into the Herculiner.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:24 AM   #44
UPDATE!!! - More mods installed!

Hello Again Everybody!

Well, my Wet Okole seat covers finally came in today! It took about an hour and a half to install them and they’re simply amazing. A perfect look, and a perfect fit. I went with red and black to match my truck and even my Maltese dog Misty approves (see pictures below) As Misty is part of our family too and travels with us wherever we go, I purchased a “center console dog carrier” for her on eBay. The cost was about $50. The dog carrier fits snugly between the front seats on top of the center console and gives her a 360 degree bird’s-eye view of everything going on outside while we’re traveling.
My 2010 Pre-Runner Build – A Collection of Essential Mods for Every New Tacoma-wet-okole-seat-covers.jpg
My 2010 Pre-Runner Build – A Collection of Essential Mods for Every New Tacoma-wet-okole-misty.jpg
My 2010 Pre-Runner Build – A Collection of Essential Mods for Every New Tacoma-console-dog-carrier.jpg

Another recent mod (if you want to call it a mod) is the purchase of an “Air Vent GPS Mount” for my Garmin Nuvi. Again, purchased on eBay for less than $5 delivered, and it really solves the problem WELL of how to mount a Garmin GPS in a 2nd generation Tacoma. Check out the picture below. Neat and tidy and the GPS easily unclips if you want to store it away from view.
My 2010 Pre-Runner Build – A Collection of Essential Mods for Every New Tacoma-gps-air-vent-mount.jpg

I’m also in the process of installing some after-market fog lights using an OEM switch and relay. I’ll post an update and pictures of that project when completed so check back to this thread soon! Until then, thanks for visiting and be sure to post a reply!
Old 03-13-2010, 09:19 AM   #45
4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future

4low2go's Tacoma Gallery
Great post, thanks
Old 04-30-2011, 10:13 AM   #46
cphilpott is on a distinguished road
Name: Craig
cphilpott's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks to OP. I completely agree on the plywood bed. It is my very first mod on my 2006 4x4 TRD. I used much thicker plywood, 1.25 subfloor plywood. I intend to install strips of quick disconnect tie downs along each edge. I also will be painting the plywood with industrial epoxy paint for color and protection. Now, about that 12V plug in rear of cab, that is my next step and I shall do some searching for the steps in how to hide the wire and do that install.