1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hazard Lights Keep Flashing!!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Nikwanchoo, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Feb 20, 2010 at 4:56 PM
    Nikwanchoo

Nikwanchoo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4 DC SB
    I have a 2010 DC and i came home to find out that my hazard lights keep flashing. I have a Viper 5701 remote start/alarm system that i may think could be the problem. I pulled out the engine bay fuse associated with these lights and it stops but when i put it back in lights keep flashing. I pulled out the neg wire to the battery for several minutes to reset the ECM but as soon as i connect it, it continues to flash. Ive pressed the hazard button on and off, and ive indicated the turn signals several times and no change. Ive also armed and disarmed the alarm system and it seems to function normally but the hazard lights continue to flash. Also the arrow lights on the dash flash also. Has anyone had this problem before? Im going to take it into the dealer tomorrow but wanted to know if i did something stupid or if there was an easy fix im overlooking.

I forgot to mention that i havent made any changes to the tacoma recently. The Alarm system was installed about 2 months ago and has been working flawlessly since.

2. Jul 4, 2010 at 7:52 AM
    Nikwanchoo

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4 DC SB
    Captains Log: Update on the issue - The problem has been narrowed down to what seems to be a loose wire or a potentially bad connection behind the head unit/hazard switch area. I jostled some wires around there (with the hazard switch disconnected) and the haz lights started blinking. After tugging on the unplugged hazard wire it went away just as easily. Dont know if there is some sort of grounding issue going on with the cables further into the dash or if there is damaged insulation or what ever else. Im just glad that i know at least how to make it go away, even though its, by no means, is a fix.

3. Jul 4, 2010 at 7:53 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Maybe you can narrow down the wire causing this? If wiggling it makes it stop....

4. Jul 4, 2010 at 8:00 AM
    Nikwanchoo

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4 DC SB
    I really should, but the area behind my head unit looks like a bowl full of spaghetti and the hazard wire runs behind the dash and im not confident enough to dismantle everything. Also im really scared that if I mess with it even more, it might permanently be on, so im going to assume the truck can magically heal itself and the problem will go away if i dont mess with anything, lol.

If it starts again, ill have to break out my science pole and start prodding around.

5. Jul 4, 2010 at 8:35 AM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    I had this happen a while back. Turned out that the button you push for the flashers got stuck inside the panel. It wasn't quite centered in the hole. I had replaced the head unit and the panel wasn't lined up quite right. Might be worth a look.

6. Jul 4, 2010 at 8:37 AM
    Nikwanchoo

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4 DC SB
    thanks but i definitely tried that one. the lights out flash with that button completely disconnected, and i made sure there was no binding in the button.

Products Discussed in

To Top