Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

HELP!! no turn signal or reverse lights

Old 02-20-2010, 06:00 PM   #1
jimker55 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jim
jimker55's Tacoma Gallery
HELP!! no turn signal or reverse lights

I was messing with the power source to the satalite radio today, which is an FM modulator. Its hard wired into channel 88.5. I was looking to see how it was installed and when I was putting it back together I lost the power source. it looks like it is getting its power source from a connector from the AC controls.
The sat radio still works becuase I can plug it into the lighter. The truck won't go into a gear without pushing the lock button, the turn signals don't work, the reverse lights don't work and the controls for the AC and air resirc don't work and the check engine light is on.

I checked the fuses with an ohm meter and the checked out fine...not sure what else to check. Help!!
Old 02-20-2010, 06:01 PM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
did u check both fuse panels?? under the hood and behind the cubby
Old 02-20-2010, 06:03 PM   #3

I checked under the hood. where is the ssecond I looked in the manual and it only showed the one under the hood. thats probably it, thanks for the quick reply
Old 02-20-2010, 06:05 PM   #4
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
pop out the cubby to the left of the steering wheel, under the lights. its right there and the diagram is on the backside of the cubby
Old 02-20-2010, 06:07 PM   #5
Motoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
Motoxerc0's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure if I can really help but I lost my blinkers and reverse light for no apparent reason, but I didnt have the others problems you are having with the truck not going into gear without the lock button. I replaced the relay for the blinkers and reverse light and it came back. Im not sure about the other problems.
Old 02-20-2010, 06:09 PM   #6
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
ya I would check your relay
Old 02-20-2010, 06:19 PM   #7
gjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: LAR (Master Gunner/Instructor)
Name: Guy
gjbonner's Tacoma Gallery
i had that problem but more things went out like speedometer and stuff when i busted up my 7 pin and it blew the IG2 fuse when i put it in reverse.

check the fuses in the dash on the left of the steering wheel. that is your problem im almost certain
Old 02-20-2010, 07:58 PM   #8
Middle-Aged Member
05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05Moose's Tacoma Gallery
Should be the IG1 fuse inside the cabin. That causes problems with the shift-lock, turn signals, etc (but the brake lights will still work).
Old 02-22-2010, 06:55 AM   #9

one of the fuses in the dash was blown and that fixed the problems. But now my check engine light stays on and when I start the truck the truck turns off immediately then I restart it and it stays started but idles rough. Do you think this is related or just weird timing? just about to hit 100K miles.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:51 AM   #10
Middle-Aged Member
05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05Moose's Tacoma Gallery
When that fuse blows, it triggers the check engine light. This is normal. You just need to reset it. Since you're now having other problems, might just want to disconnect the negative battery terminal for a couple of minutes to reset everything. Then see how it runs.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:42 AM   #11

Thanks for the info, I try it and see what happens. I think things should be fine after I do that