Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

disabled door buzzer & seatbelt alarm.

Old 02-21-2010, 09:27 PM   #21
gjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: LAR (Master Gunner/Instructor)
Name: Guy
gjbonner's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i cant remeber the color but if you pull the bottom plastic wall cover off by the driverside seat belt and find out which wire is running to that little black push button switch that your door hits when it is closed, then cut it, then wire a switch in, it should work for ya. youll need to pull up the plastic piece on the floor beside the drivers seat next to the door so that you can run your new wire.

This only works for the drivers side though since all the doors have their own little black switch. eventually i am going to wire them all to the same toggle but i would much rather find out where they all meet and then wire the toggle from there, killing 4 birds with one stone not the best with those wiring diagrams but im sure i could follow them or something.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:32 AM   #22
AKtoyTaco has a spectacular aura aboutAKtoyTaco has a spectacular aura aboutAKtoyTaco has a spectacular aura about
Name: Adam
AKtoyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdZeroBSP View Post
If you mean the seat belt chime then yes. Did it on mine a few weeks ago. Good thing too cuz I was about to start cutting wires....

x2

works on the 2011 as well.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:19 AM   #23
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
I "debuzzed" quickly on my '10.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:37 AM   #24
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
does it blink still????
Old 02-01-2011, 02:54 PM   #25
troyc is on a distinguished road
Army: Engineer
Name: troy
troyc's Tacoma Gallery
this works on the 2011 thanks
Old 02-01-2011, 03:01 PM   #26
hwysrfr is on a distinguished road

Marines: Radioman/F.O.
Name: Dennis
hwysrfr's Tacoma Gallery
Disconnect the dome light wire at door latch. ( but dome light will not come on when door is opened)
Old 02-01-2011, 03:11 PM   #27
Black Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 6 years PA Army National Guard, 28th Infantry Division, 28th Signal Battalion
Name: Jeff
Black Sheep's Tacoma Gallery
The installer that did my leather interior disabled the seatbelt ding and flashing light when they did the install. The seats were unhooked and out of the truck. I like it now a lot better.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:16 PM   #28
Taycoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Taylor
Taycoma's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmm. New here, Hi everbody! 2011 TRD off road. LOVE IT. came from chevy and will not look back. The seatbelt buzzer code doesn't seem to work. I tried drivers seat, and passenger??? anyone with this truck able to turn "b-off"? the odo never goes off mileage.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:47 PM   #30
Tacohead
HuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant future

Name: Kevin
HuntnTruk's Tacoma Gallery
Yea im not having good luck on my 11 either
Old 05-21-2013, 02:46 PM   #32
UGAFAN is on a distinguished road

Name: George
UGAFAN's Tacoma Gallery
You're subbed to a thread that has been dead for 2 years...
Old 05-21-2013, 06:38 PM   #33
littleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
littleblue81's Tacoma Gallery
Since it's back, does this work on '12 +?
Old 05-21-2013, 11:54 PM   #34
JayAre is a splendid one to beholdJayAre is a splendid one to beholdJayAre is a splendid one to beholdJayAre is a splendid one to beholdJayAre is a splendid one to beholdJayAre is a splendid one to beholdJayAre is a splendid one to behold
JayAre's Tacoma Gallery
My service mgr asked me if I wanted it turned off on my '13 during my 1k mi service...I assume you can just go ask them to do it on the '12 as well.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:06 PM   #35
knwpsk is on a distinguished road
knwpsk's Tacoma Gallery
works on 2011 Tacoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by singlefin View Post
Welcome to TW. Don't have the coding for the door, but here is the coding I have...seat belt and the keyless entry:

Seat Belt Chime

1) Turn the Car 'ON', but do not start the engine (Leave your foot off the brake). Cycle your trip reset knob until it reads ODO. Turn the ignition back off. Wait a couple of seconds.
2) Make sure seat belt is not fastened
3) Turn the ignition back on, do not start the car (Leave you foot off the break) As soon as you see everything light up, press and hold the trip reset knob and do a long 12 second count.
4) Keep your finger on the trip reset knob. Fasten your seat belt, as soon as you fasten your seat belt, you should see the ODO display go from XXXX miles to "b-on". At that time take your finger off the trip reset knob and press it again. It should cycle to "b-off". You should be all set and turn the ignition off and unfasten your seat belt.

No beap

Last Modified: 5-14-20085.1 DFrom: 200805Model Year: 2009Model: TacomaDoc ID: RM000000XXC01SXTitle: DOOR LOCK: WIRELESS DOOR LOCK CONTROL SYSTEM: CUSTOMIZE PARAMETERS (2009 Tacoma)
CUSTOMIZE PARAMETERS

1. CUSTOMIZING FUNCTION

The following items can be customized.

NOTICE:
When the customer requests a change in a function, first make sure that the function can be customized.
Record the current settings before customizing.
When troubleshooting a function, first make sure that the function is set to the default setting.
If the battery is disconnected, the wireless answer-back buzzer will be returned to the default setting.
Item
Function
Default Setting
Customized Setting
Wireless remote control
Operation signal (Buzzer)
ON
OFF

(a) Open the driver side door and insert the key into the ignition cylinder.
(b) Remove the key from the ignition cylinder and, within 5 seconds, reinsert the key and turn the ignition switch to ON.
(c) After 10 seconds, the system enters answer-back buzzer switching mode.
(d) Within 10 seconds after answer-back buzzer switching mode is started, if a transmitter button (the same button) is pressed twice, the answer-back buzzer setting changes (off to on, or on to off) to activate or disable answer-back by buzzer.

HINT:
The driver side door is closed.
The ignition switch is turned off.
The key is removed from the ignition cylinder.
A transmitter button is not pressed for 10 seconds after answer-back switching mode is started.
The transmitter is operated but the second button pressed is different from the first.
Answer-back starts.
Used SingleFin's instructions today on my 2011. Worked great. Seat belt chime only chirps about 4-5x, then stops. Much less annoying than before. Thanks!