Notices

disabled door buzzer & seatbelt alarm.

Old 02-21-2010, 01:28 AM   #1
KTMRacer is on a distinguished road
Navy: IT2(SW)
Name: Richard
KTMRacer's Tacoma Gallery
disabled door buzzer & seatbelt alarm.

Hi, I am new to tacoma world this is my 1st post. Can anyone provide me with info on how to disabled the door buzzer, along with the seatbelt alarm on my 2009 Tacoma? Thanks in advance for your assistance. Rich
Old 02-21-2010, 01:30 AM   #2
never summer
singlefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

singlefin's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW. Don't have the coding for the door, but here is the coding I have...seat belt and the keyless entry:

Seat Belt Chime

1) Turn the Car 'ON', but do not start the engine (Leave your foot off the brake). Cycle your trip reset knob until it reads ODO. Turn the ignition back off. Wait a couple of seconds.
2) Make sure seat belt is not fastened
3) Turn the ignition back on, do not start the car (Leave you foot off the break) As soon as you see everything light up, press and hold the trip reset knob and do a long 12 second count.
4) Keep your finger on the trip reset knob. Fasten your seat belt, as soon as you fasten your seat belt, you should see the ODO display go from XXXX miles to "b-on". At that time take your finger off the trip reset knob and press it again. It should cycle to "b-off". You should be all set and turn the ignition off and unfasten your seat belt.

No beap

Last Modified: 5-14-20085.1 DFrom: 200805Model Year: 2009Model: TacomaDoc ID: RM000000XXC01SXTitle: DOOR LOCK: WIRELESS DOOR LOCK CONTROL SYSTEM: CUSTOMIZE PARAMETERS (2009 Tacoma)
CUSTOMIZE PARAMETERS

1. CUSTOMIZING FUNCTION

The following items can be customized.

NOTICE:
When the customer requests a change in a function, first make sure that the function can be customized.
Record the current settings before customizing.
When troubleshooting a function, first make sure that the function is set to the default setting.
If the battery is disconnected, the wireless answer-back buzzer will be returned to the default setting.
Item
Function
Default Setting
Customized Setting
Wireless remote control
Operation signal (Buzzer)
ON
OFF

(a) Open the driver side door and insert the key into the ignition cylinder.
(b) Remove the key from the ignition cylinder and, within 5 seconds, reinsert the key and turn the ignition switch to ON.
(c) After 10 seconds, the system enters answer-back buzzer switching mode.
(d) Within 10 seconds after answer-back buzzer switching mode is started, if a transmitter button (the same button) is pressed twice, the answer-back buzzer setting changes (off to on, or on to off) to activate or disable answer-back by buzzer.

HINT:
The driver side door is closed.
The ignition switch is turned off.
The key is removed from the ignition cylinder.
A transmitter button is not pressed for 10 seconds after answer-back switching mode is started.
The transmitter is operated but the second button pressed is different from the first.
Answer-back starts.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:48 AM   #3
Great into

Thanks for such a fast reply. I will give it a shot in the morning.

Regards,
Rich
Old 02-21-2010, 02:58 AM   #4
Door Buzzer or chime

Sometimes I would like to have my truck doors open listening to my stereo not the door chime. Anyone know how to disable the door chime?

Thanks,
Rich
Old 02-21-2010, 03:30 AM   #5
dog tired is a name known to alldog tired is a name known to alldog tired is a name known to alldog tired is a name known to alldog tired is a name known to alldog tired is a name known to all

Army: Infantry
dog tired's Tacoma Gallery
This work for the 2010 ?
Old 02-21-2010, 10:22 AM   #6
mountain lion has a brilliant futuremountain lion has a brilliant futuremountain lion has a brilliant futuremountain lion has a brilliant futuremountain lion has a brilliant futuremountain lion has a brilliant futuremountain lion has a brilliant futuremountain lion has a brilliant futuremountain lion has a brilliant futuremountain lion has a brilliant futuremountain lion has a brilliant future
mountain lion's Tacoma Gallery
Couldn't get the seat belt trick to work on my 06... The odo never changed after putting the seat belt in.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:23 AM   #7
FL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
FL Forester's Tacoma Gallery
Doesn't work for the 06
Old 02-21-2010, 10:26 AM   #8
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
I believe the door chime goes away if your key is in the ON position.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:28 AM   #9
Yo homie, that my briefcase?
ColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to behold

Name: Geoff
ColdZeroBSP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog tired View Post
This work for the 2010 ?
If you mean the seat belt chime then yes. Did it on mine a few weeks ago. Good thing too cuz I was about to start cutting wires....
Old 02-21-2010, 10:34 AM   #10
FL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
FL Forester's Tacoma Gallery
I think the only way to disable the door chime it to remove the speaker in the dash.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:54 AM   #11
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdZeroBSP View Post
If you mean the seat belt chime then yes.
Is you seat belt chime 100% off? Mine still chimes for ~ 5 seconds before it turns off.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:11 AM   #12
Do Work Son!
rossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rossk35's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain lion View Post
Couldn't get the seat belt trick to work on my 06... The odo never changed after putting the seat belt in.
thats because the 05-07 doesnt have the seat belt beep. its only on the 08-10
Old 02-21-2010, 11:17 AM   #13
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMRacer View Post
Sometimes I would like to have my truck doors open listening to my stereo not the door chime. Anyone know how to disable the door chime?

Thanks,
Rich
If you're outside the truck roll the window down
Old 02-21-2010, 11:55 AM   #14
Chime speaker in dash

Anyone know where the speaker is located in the dash?
Old 02-21-2010, 12:03 PM   #15
Do Work Son!
rossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rossk35's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMRacer View Post
Anyone know where the speaker is located in the dash?
its on the instrument cluster.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:22 PM   #16
Carlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud of
Army:
Carlo's Tacoma Gallery
Singlefin: Thanks a bunch...it was driving me nuts on my new 2010 when the dog would jump in the truck with me. I followed your directions and it was a snap. Should this be a sticky?
Old 02-21-2010, 12:55 PM   #17
never summer
singlefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

singlefin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog tired View Post
This work for the 2010 ?
yep, worked in my 2010 and the OP's truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
Singlefin: Thanks a bunch...it was driving me nuts on my new 2010 when the dog would jump in the truck with me. I followed your directions and it was a snap. Should this be a sticky?
No worries, had it saved as a email draft so it was handy.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:23 PM   #18
That worked great! Thanks.
Now if I could just figure out how to disable to door chime.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:41 PM   #20
Which wire? Can you provide more info?

Thanks,
Rich