Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Toyota OEM all weather floor mats vs. Weathertech or others

Old 02-21-2010, 07:19 PM   #1
She's Kickass!
gavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to behold

gavonder's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota OEM all weather floor mats vs. Weathertech or others

I've seen a lot of threads about these mats, but none about their durability or longevity. I bought my OEM mats the same day I picked up the truck. There was a hole in the driver's side within the first year. Now, a little over two years, and there are two holes.

Today, while vacuuming both my truck and my wife's Jetta, I realized we bought her VW OEM mats at the time of purchase also. TEN years ago, and neither one of them have any holes!

So, I'd like to here how the Weathertechs hold up or other brands. Do any of them last as long as the Jetta's?

Thanks,
GA
Old 02-21-2010, 07:34 PM   #2
Simon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Simon2150's Tacoma Gallery
I've only had my weathertech dig floor liners for a year and they were worth every penny. I will not own another vehicle without weathertechs. No issues whatsoever
Old 02-21-2010, 07:43 PM   #4
Razorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Razorecko's Tacoma Gallery
weather techs ftw !!!....just make sure to plug the holes or get ones w/ the no hook option. The holes for the hooks always get water in them and than under the mat.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:59 PM   #5
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Have the Tacoma mats and am currently in on the group buy for the Weathertechs, if that tells you anything.

My truck has 36k miles on it, and the front mats came with the truck (I got it w/ about 20k miles on it). The driver's side mat is ripping where the thick ridges meet the thinner portion that goes under the pedals. I purchased the rear mats separately and they're holding up just fine (b/c nobody EVER rides in the back of my truck).
Old 02-22-2010, 02:52 PM   #6
She's Kickass!
gavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to behold

gavonder's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys. And thanks for the heads up on the group buy. I just ordered a set.

GA
Old 02-22-2010, 02:53 PM   #7
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
WT................................................ ...best investment in a while
Old 02-22-2010, 05:31 PM   #8
Banned
Isthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Isthatahemi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon2150 View Post
I've only had my weathertech dig floor liners for a year and they were worth every penny. I will not own another vehicle without weathertechs. No issues whatsoever
X2
Old 02-23-2010, 06:08 AM   #9
Breadbox is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
Breadbox's Tacoma Gallery
I like the WeatherTech they are really tough mats. I'm in and out on a farm every weekend and they catch everything....As for the comment on water past the hooks? I've not had that happen yet but mine are still pretty new and the hook connection pretty tight but I bet after a while those holes will stretch and maybe I'll have that issue???
Old 02-23-2010, 07:19 AM   #10
rmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud of

rmd0311's Tacoma Gallery
On my second 2nd Gen Taco... and I bought Weathertech's for both. Nothing but happiness here, nothing protects better and to top it off. It looks GOOD.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:00 AM   #11
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I've always purchaed Husky's.... they're cheaper than Weathertechs and I love 'em. Great coverage, no holes, and a lip that prevents water from running off the mat itself. Easy to clean. I bought a front set for $40. Can't beat it!
Old 03-27-2014, 06:09 PM   #12
SpaceBalls is on a distinguished road
SpaceBalls's Tacoma Gallery
on there web site it says "Does Not Fit manual transmission models"
anyone buys theses for manual?? or are you all automatic!
Old 03-28-2014, 09:18 AM   #14
SpaceBalls is on a distinguished road
SpaceBalls's Tacoma Gallery
I wonder why they have that warning then!? The mat doesn't interfer with the peddles in any way? I guess you could always cut some away.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:19 AM   #15
BUILT NOT BOUGHT.
RadTaco914 has much to be proud ofRadTaco914 has much to be proud ofRadTaco914 has much to be proud ofRadTaco914 has much to be proud ofRadTaco914 has much to be proud ofRadTaco914 has much to be proud ofRadTaco914 has much to be proud ofRadTaco914 has much to be proud ofRadTaco914 has much to be proud ofRadTaco914 has much to be proud of

Name: NEIL
RadTaco914's Tacoma Gallery
Weather Techs rule. When I had my 6spd I had to trim some for the clutch pedal
Old 03-28-2014, 09:37 AM   #16
maju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Retired
maju's Tacoma Gallery
I have had my Weather Techs since the 2010 still looking great