Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Third brake light / cargo light *pics*

Old 02-22-2010, 01:39 PM   #21
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
Wow. Nice job Man! looks great!
Curious why you put the 3rd brake light in so the contour sides go up instead of down?
OEM light light goes this way,/ \ and the new light goes \ /
Was that so it would fit?

Just thinking the same thing.
But great job regardless.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:50 PM   #22
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Dam good job!
Old 02-22-2010, 02:05 PM   #23
Okkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to behold

Okkine's Tacoma Gallery
VERY impressive, you've got more balls than I for cutting into the metal like that. This is something that should really come standard on the truck... or at the very least, have as an available option. I've looked for after-market cargo lights for this truck, but they don't seem to exist.

It looks like the metal panel is raised to create a flat area where the factory light is mounted... was that an issue for you?
Old 02-25-2010, 07:48 AM   #27
Outlaw has a spectacular aura aboutOutlaw has a spectacular aura aboutOutlaw has a spectacular aura about

Outlaw's Tacoma Gallery
ahh. very nice. I think i may have found a cargo/brake light that might work for our trucks, but its hard to tell what size it is, and is a little expensive. Its for a Dodge dakota. looks similar in shape and size[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Billy/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-8.png[/IMG]
Attached Thumbnails
Third brake light / cargo light *pics*-cargo-light.jpg  
Old 02-25-2010, 11:16 AM   #28
Bryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
Bryan07sport's Tacoma Gallery
Might work. Be careful that its not too thin top to bottom. the hole in ours is pretty much the size of the lens up and down, just smaller by a hair, so if a new one is any smaller it won't fill the void. also not a fan of the LED look. Maybe i'm old fashioned. Doubt they will be as bright as good old fashioned light bulbs with reflectors, either.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:59 PM   #29
Outlaw has a spectacular aura aboutOutlaw has a spectacular aura aboutOutlaw has a spectacular aura about

Outlaw's Tacoma Gallery
I think its too long as well... back to the drawing board.
As I was searching for a 3rd brakelight I came across a thread on Tundra Forums, and like 3 or 4 years ago they were working with a company to make one for the Tacoma. But i couldnt find anything after that, so i assume they backed out. I emailed the company to see what happened with that, and told them we have a large group of Tacoma owners that might be interested. We'll see if they reply back.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:16 PM   #31
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet light. Gonna order me one and do the same.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:26 AM   #32
sidehiller is on a distinguished road
Name: Eric
sidehiller's Tacoma Gallery
It looks like there still is no solution to a white utility bed light forthe Taco?
I've been eyeing rear brake lights on other trucks for a while now. I feellike such a voyeur! I am also looking at the Dakota lights. I'm waiting on somedimensions from a couple of sources.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:38 AM   #33
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
ahh. very nice. I think i may have found a cargo/brake light that might work for our trucks, but its hard to tell what size it is, and is a little expensive. Its for a Dodge dakota. looks similar in shape and size[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Billy/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-8.png[/IMG]
That is a wicked cool idea
Old 01-25-2013, 12:51 PM   #34
sidehiller is on a distinguished road
Name: Eric
sidehiller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
That is a wicked cool idea
I think it is a couple of inches longer. Therefore, you have to cut through the part of the cab that contours to a flat surface for the OEM brake light. I'm not sure you would notice, but it might be a problem with waterproofing? It would be interesting to see if anyone had done this specific mod...
At this point, anything that provides down light into the bed would be a great solution...
Old 01-25-2013, 04:36 PM   #35
BillyP will become famous soon enoughBillyP will become famous soon enough
Coast Guard: CWO4-retired
Name: Billy
BillyP's Tacoma Gallery
I like your mod. Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-28-2013, 10:05 PM   #38
racerxmd is on a distinguished road
Navy: Jet Mech
racerxmd's Tacoma Gallery
Question

Would a Brake/Cargo light off a 2007 and up Tacoma work?
Old 10-01-2013, 03:37 PM   #39
racerxmd is on a distinguished road
Navy: Jet Mech
racerxmd's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Can anyone answer this if a 2007 brake/cargo light will work on 2006 Tacoma Prerunner?

Thanks
Old 10-01-2013, 04:46 PM   #40
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerxmd View Post
Can anyone answer this if a 2007 brake/cargo light will work on 2006 Tacoma Prerunner?

Thanks
I really don't think anything has changed at all between 2005-2013 at least on the 3rd brake light.