Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bed rail bar/light bar group buy.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:36 PM   #1
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Bed rail bar/light bar group buy.

For sale: “Bed Rail Bars/Light Bars.”

This bolt on application will fit any 2nd generation Tacoma with the standard track system each truck comes equipped with. This group buy will only be available for 30 days from the date posted or until entire stock has been depleted. Only a limited number of "Bed Rail Bars" are available.

So why this design…
I didn’t want to lose any bed space or use any cleats to attach a light bar. This design would allow you to slide your cargo against the back wall. The “L” brackets are high enough that you can still use your cleats under the bed rail bar OR you can turn the “L” brackets around and give yourself additional space should your off-road light(s) or bed light(s) be a little larger than normal.
Advantage: You can attach a CB antenna and still have the wire from the stud run under the bar with no interference.
Disadvantage: Your cargo may not be flush against the back wall.

PRICE INFORMATION

STYLE “36BLUE
$55 – One (1) BLUE 36” steel bar, Two (2) “L” shaped BLUE brackets, six (6) bolts, six (6) nuts and six (6) washers.

STYLE "36BLACK"
$70* - One (1) BLACK 36" steel bar, Two (2) "L" shaped BLACK brackets, six (6) bolts, six (6) nuts and six (6) washers.
*Please note that the bars and "L" brackets have a finished blue powder coat on them. If you want them in black, I will need to sand down, spray paint in black and then finish it off with a rubberized spray.

STYLE “54BLUE
*$80 – Two (2) BLUE 27” steel bars, Three (3) “L” shaped BLUE brackets, ten (10) bolts, ten (10) nuts and ten (10) washers.
*This particular item is VERY limited in quantities and will be offered to those who have paid first in order of appearance on this thread. I don’t expect to have any left after the group buy is over. On another note, I have pictured BLACK "L" brackets on this photo, but you will be receiving BLUE brackets instead. Thank you.

STYLE “54BLACK”
*$95 – Two (2) BLUE 27” steel bars, Three (3) “L” shaped BLUE brackets, ten (10) bolts, ten (10) nuts and ten (10) washers.
*This particular item is VERY limited in quantities and will be offered to those who have paid first in order of appearance on this thread. I don’t expect to have any left after the group buy is over.
*Please note that the bars and "L" brackets have a finished blue powder coat on them. If you want them in black, I will need to sand down, spray paint in black and then finish it off with a rubberized spray.

Additional "L" Brackets
For whatever the use, you can purchase brackets for an additional $15 each (blue) shipped or $10 with your combined order. This will come with two (2) bolts, two (2) nuts and two (2) washers. Here is an example of such a use. Remember you can turn the "L" bracket around and use the other side. Customize it however you want. Make it unique. Make it your own.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR ORDERING
1) All you need to say is that you want to purchase one.
I'll put your name on the purchase list which will be updated with information such as waiting for payment, paid or shipped.

2) Please state which style you'd like.
I'll PM you back with the information you'll need for payment.

PAYMENT
Payment will be through PayPal.
Exception: Locals can pay by cash. Price will remain the same. Free install.

SHIPPING
It's included in the price.
Expect the parts to arrive within 10 days after payment has been received. Shipping will be through FedEx.

ABOUT THE PARTS
“L” BRACKET
Made with cut corners on the bottom side and a square top.

BAR
Be advised that each bar has five holes available on each end for mounting purposes. You can completely customize this bar by drilling additional holes in the middle and anywhere in between.

PRODUCTS USED
If you want them in black, I will need to sand down, spray paint in black and then finish it off with a rubberized spray. These will be the products I'm using in the event you need to touch up.

My Two Cents...
I personally would go with the blue and try to customize it to your color truck. For example, I would still paint the "L" brackets black and then color match the bar to the color of your truck as an added flare or personal touch. None of the lights pictured are included with the bed rail bar.

I really hope to earn your business. I've tried to include all the information possible as I do NOT want to edit this post.
Thank you!
Old 02-21-2010, 08:37 PM   #2
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Corrections to the post above...
1) SHIPPING: Only to the lower 48 States
For Integrity purposes, Post #1 has not been modified. Any and all updates will be posted here.

SALE

So after doing some additional research on these bars, I'm not going to pursue this avenue as a business opportunity. Frankly, it's too expensive for starting up and I don't anticipate selling enough to keep it afloat. I want to go through the stock I have on hand now. In order to do this, I need to have a "Sale." So here it is...

BUY ONE FOR $50 - $5 OFF.
Applies to the 36 Blue Bed Light Bar.
I need to move what I've got TW. PM me and let me know that you want one.

BUY 2, GET THE 3RD HALF OFF.
Shipping of all 3 must be to one destination. This applies to the 36" Blue only
Payment for three will be done in one transaction.
Either convince 2 of your friends to get one at the price of $55 each and you only pay $27.50
OR each of you pay $45.83/$45.83/$45.84 to equal $137.50 for all 3 instead of $165. That's a savings of $27.50.

BUY 4 AND SAVE $15 ON EACH ONE
Shipping of all 4 must be to one destination. This applies to the 36" Blue only
This makes each light bar $40. Payment for all 4 must be in one transaction. This is a savings of $60 for 4.

The "L" brackets are not on sale.
I don't know what the demand will be with this sale. It will be on a first come, first serve basis. I still have 30 of the 36" Light bars left. If you are looking to get them in black, may I please offer the suggestion of sanding them down yourself and then either having them powder coated in black or having them Line-X'd/Rhino lined. I had this done on mine and the finish is much nicer. Easy to touch up as well. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me. If you've been on the fence for a while about ordering, well now you have an incentive to get one along with someone else. Perhaps someone should start a new thread about buying some Light Bars based upon your living area or just say that you're interested so others can see.

Purchase list...
36BLUE
1) 08ARMYTACO - Shipped
2) ToucanV13: - Paid & Picked-Up
3) Jon916996748 - Shipped
4) GerhartCss - Shipped
5) 0801 - Paid & Picked-up*
6) Nolanspawn - Shipped
7) Lilhank - Shipped
8) James3492 - shipped
9) Rydndurty - Shipped
10) 06SoCalTaco + 2 Brackets - Shipped
11) Grizzbear - Shipped
12) yotanator - Shipped

36BLACK
1) ToughTaco - Shipped
2) YOSHIHIROKUN - Shipped
3) MDBigRed - Shipped
4) DBoyTRD08 - Shipped
5) 2ndtaco07 - Shipped
6) GUNZ213 - Paid & Picked-up
7) BRANDON - Paid & Picked up
8) Jefferson - Local & Installed
9) Clarkie152 - Shipped
10) DblD - Shipped
11) iForceTUNDRA - Shipped
12) Jadams - Line-X'd Shipped

54BLUE
1) OSWEGO - Shipped - two extra brackets
2) Erikj83 - Shipped one extra bracket
SOLD OUT!

54BLACK
1) 4X4_TRD - PAID & INSTALLED. First Customer! Thank you Justin.
2) bluetaco80 - Shipped
3) Spectre - Shipped
4) Mountainman - Shipped
5) MHS2846bg8 - Shipped
6) Keynote22 - Shipped
7) jrgutierr - Shipped
SOLD OUT!

"L" BRACKETS ONLY
1) Digitalricepape - 1 BLACK Shipped
2) sntckr - 2 BLUE Shipped
3) LilManny - 1 BLUE Paid and Picked Up
4) A_Bugs_Life - 1 Blue Shipped
5) 1BlkT - 2 Blue Shipped
6) SManZ - 2 Black Shipped
7) c2theGreat - 1 Blue Shipped
8) wareagle5693 - 1 Blue Shipped
9) rolltide3705 1 - Black Shipped
10) taco11 - Black Shipped
11) Iaryks - 4 Blue Shipped

Installation & Instructions
First off, thank you for your purchase. All your packages will be arriving in a FedEx Express Tube Package (doesn't mean it's coming Express). For those of you ordering the 36BLUE or 36BLACK, they will arrived to you assembled. Should you be one of the few ordering the 54BLUE or 54BLACK, one bracket will be attached to one bar and the other bar will have two brackets attached. I've done this to avoid ruining the finish of either the powder coated blue or rubberized black.

Remove the black cap at the end of your bed rail bar.

remove the bolts from the L brackets and slide those bolts with the washer into the bed rail system. The only thing exposed should only be the bolt.

Align the bolts through the holes of the bracket and tighten to your desired location. It's my opinion, but avoid the sections of the bed rail system that have the slots for the cleats. The purpose it allow the use of the cleats while still using the bed rail/light bar.

Here are the tools that you'll need. Grab a flat screwdriver and a 9/16 socket wrench.

Using the screwdriver, place it behind the bolt in order to prevent it from spinning while simultaneously tightening the nut.
*Please note that the black bars will have an extra washer that needs to be placed between the nut and the bracket. This is done to protect the finish and not expose any blue behind the black.

Finished look with the "L" bracket installed. Do this as many times as you have "L" brackets, but before you tighten make sure your holes from the bars on top are aligned to your desired location.

Pictures of other members light bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by w8n4mud View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08armytaco View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edrin55 View Post
1st Generation Tacoma

Old 02-21-2010, 08:37 PM   #3
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
reserved for late...

touch my body!
Old 02-21-2010, 08:38 PM   #4
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
1.ToucanV13: 54 Blue and L Bracket
Old 02-21-2010, 09:04 PM   #5
needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....
jefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sex Panther
jefferson's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jefferson
Quote:
Originally Posted by w8n4mud View Post
STYLE "36BLACK"
$70* - One (1) BLACK 36" steel bar, Two (2) "L" shaped BLACK brackets, six (6) bolts, six (6) nuts and six (6) washers.
I'm a bit lost on the Note section. It says for $70 its a black bar, but in your notes, the L brackets are actually blue?
Old 02-21-2010, 09:27 PM   #7
j1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Justin
j1999t's Tacoma Gallery
i would like to purchase a 56blue, i still need to get pics of the tonneau cover, before i commit... and its been snowing for 4 days straight here... ill try to get them this week...
Old 02-21-2010, 09:35 PM   #8
There's a mod for that!

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by unholycumulus View Post
I'm a bit lost on the Note section. It says for $70 its a black bar, but in your notes, the L brackets are actually blue?
They came BLUE from the factory. I personally would have to sand them down and prep them for painting. That is why I'm charging more (supplies and labor). The blue ones are ready now.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:28 PM   #10
There's a mod for that!

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
aahh gotchaa! They look amazing - great job
Haha. So it that a yes? Want me to spray one in red for you Jeff?
Old 02-22-2010, 08:31 AM   #13
There's a mod for that!

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
anyone can reccomend good lights for this thing? idk offroad products that well lol...
LOL. I've got nothing special on mine. It's a good (sealed) and cheap ($6) light thats bright and serves the purpose of letting other tacomians know where I'm at when off-roading in the mtns or desert. I'm sure your WalMart should have a decent selection. You could always put some real sweet lights back there too.
try www.offroadwarehouse.com just to see what's out there. Ebay for sure!
Old 02-22-2010, 08:38 AM   #14
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Seen these in person and they are great! Goodluck with your GB Albert!
Old 02-22-2010, 08:45 AM   #15
There's a mod for that!

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lembowski View Post
Seen these in person and they are great! Goodluck with your GB Albert!
Thanks Matt. We'll see you soon.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:52 PM   #16
Three Percenter
SampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Steve
SampleFool's Tacoma Gallery
Purchase list...
36BLUE
1) Hedlesbrmstkbass
2) 08armytaco
3)

36BLACK
1)
2)
3)

54BLUE
1) ToucanV13: 54 Blue and L Bracket
2)
3)

54BLACK
1)
2)
3)
Old 02-22-2010, 03:25 PM   #17
There's a mod for that!

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
First Customer. Thank you Justin!

FIRST CUSTOMER, 4X4_TRD purchased the 54BLACK
Old 02-22-2010, 03:41 PM   #19
There's a mod for that!

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
I'm stoked. Thanks Jeff. I know one is calling your name. Want it in red? Haha.

Quote:
Looks great!!