1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Thinking of trading for automatic long bed

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Taco4life, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Feb 22, 2010 at 6:18 AM
    Taco4life

Taco4life [OP] Member

Member:
    Clarksville TN
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD DC 4x4 MT
    K&N Air Intake
    Hello eveyone, Im trying to decide whether or not to trade in my 09 DC SB 6 speed for an 09 DC LB auto. I really need the longer bed and also would kinda rather have the auto, I dont do much off roading, just mildly but mostly my everyday driver. Well im deploying to Afghanistan in April, so do u guys think i should wait till i get back before looking at trading. Just looking for second opinions, Thanks Guys.

2. Feb 22, 2010 at 8:25 AM
    tuckr2

tuckr2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2010 Silver dbl cab LB 4x4 It's Purdy too!
    LT265/70/17 BFG A/T's, Disabled Seat Belt Buzzer, Black and Gray Covercraft Seat Covers front and rear, Matching SnugTop Supersport Canopy, undercoat, bed mat, window vent shades. Black Weathertech Liners. Trans TSB, Rear Spring TSB Installed.
    IMO I'd probably keep the Taco till you returned from overseas. Waiting for the dust to settle with Toyota might benefit you. However, if you can sell the Taco for a price your comfortable with go for it. The savings on any payments, as well as insurance should also be a consideration in this decision.
    I just bought my 2010 Taco long bed. While I do miss my old F150 supercrew the bed at 5 foot definitely caused pain on occasion. The longer 6 foot bed of my new truck is nice.
    Good luck in your decisions, welcome aboard TW and take care on your tour. Ken

3. Feb 22, 2010 at 8:28 AM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    Only you know what's best for you...

4. Feb 22, 2010 at 9:35 AM
    Mark C.

Mark C. If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM SR5 4WD AC
    LED Dome, Reed Switched LEDs in Glove Box and Center Console, Bumper Fogs, Tailgate anti-theft, LEDs over Cig lighter, Back-up camera anytime, Outside Temp add-on, Hidden GPS power, Sockmonkey 3rd Brakelight decal, 4X4 switch illumination, reed switch controlled engine compartment Flood LEDs, Elite Hitch Cover, Plasti-dipped cupholders and door switch control panels, Elite Hitch Cover.
    Your choice, but if I were you, I'd wait. You've suffered depreciation and any dealer will soak you for a longer bed and an auto tranny.

Best of luck during your deployment. Please return safely....and thanks for serving.

Products Discussed in

To Top