Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2010 Access Cab Rear Console

Old 02-22-2010, 09:57 AM   #1
dbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to behold
dbarn's Tacoma Gallery
2010 Access Cab Rear Console

Have a question regarding the rear console. Mine really gets in the way when I am packing something length wise that needs to lay flat in the floor board. It's easy enough to remove but there is a gap in the storage bin, the seat belt buckles flop around, and there are holes left in the carpet to collect dirt. Does anyone make an adapter to cover this area when console is removed that will allow you to utilize all of the floorboard space? Do you guys just work around the console or leave it removed with no other provisions? Thanks for your opinions.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:01 AM   #3
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
I was having the same issue. I had stuff that I didn't want to leave in the box of my truck because it might get stolen. And it was difficult to put the stuff in the back seat, partly because of the hump that is between the seats. So I bought a locking tonneau cover (Fold-A-COver G$) and it solved my problem. The only thing I put in the back seat now is my gym bag or beer.

I know that isn't exactly what you were looking for but this is how I solved the problem.

Cheers.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:07 AM   #4
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Taco-nb is your tonneau waterproof?
Old 02-22-2010, 10:29 AM   #5
dbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to behold
dbarn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark C. View Post
Here's a possible alternative. Designed to carry his dog back there, but you might find some use for it:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...pate-pics.html
Definitely an option! Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:31 AM   #6
dbarn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco-NB View Post
I was having the same issue. I had stuff that I didn't want to leave in the box of my truck because it might get stolen. And it was difficult to put the stuff in the back seat, partly because of the hump that is between the seats. So I bought a locking tonneau cover (Fold-A-COver G$) and it solved my problem. The only thing I put in the back seat now is my gym bag or beer.

I know that isn't exactly what you were looking for but this is how I solved the problem.

Cheers.
Also an option. But haul four wheeler too often.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:35 AM   #7
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
No it's not completely waterproof. A little bit of water does get in during heavy rain or when I wash the truck.

It's a great tonneau cover. It opens near the cab and also at the tailgate end. What I did was put a big Rubbermaid container in the box of the truck, up near the cab. When water does get it, it leaks down the side of the box of the truck and can't get into the top of the Rubbermaid container. When I want to make sure that my stuff stays dry, in the box of the truck, I put it in the Rubbermaid container.

Someone else suggested that one of the rubber mats works very well because, when a little bit of water leaks in, it runs down the inside wall of the box and then it goes under the mat and then runs off without getting your stuff wet. I'm going to pick up one of those this summer.

Cheers.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:55 AM   #8
MMMMM Taco's

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn View Post
Also an option. But haul four wheeler too often.
I think I remember seeing a tonneau cover that folds in three sections and sits up against the rear window of the cab when it's open. Then the box is almost completely uncovered. Of course, you can't see out the back window when it's open.