Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What do you have OR, SPORT, SR5/Base, or X-runner

View Poll Results: Which model do you have?
TRD Off Road 1,683 33.37%
TRD Sport 1,856 36.80%
SR5/Base 1,471 29.17%
X-Runner 33 0.65%
Voters: 5043. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-15-2008, 05:03 AM   #41
U.S.M.C.
bowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: HQ BN Truck CO 2nd Marine Division, RS Salt lake city, 6th Marine Regiment, 7th Marine Regiment
bowzerdoo77's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to bowzerdoo77 Send a message via Skype™ to bowzerdoo77
Trd Off Road

TRD OFF ROAD the olny way to go if it snows where you live
Old 06-15-2008, 07:01 AM   #42
beondwacko is a glorious beacon of lightbeondwacko is a glorious beacon of lightbeondwacko is a glorious beacon of lightbeondwacko is a glorious beacon of lightbeondwacko is a glorious beacon of light

beondwacko's Tacoma Gallery
I vote this poll to be invalid.

I have an X-Runner and there was no listing for that Version of the Taco.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:12 AM   #43
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Purchased the SR5 because it was the last new 2006 Doublecab 4x4 I could find close to me in March 2007.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:44 PM   #44
LRH is on a distinguished road
LRH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormhole7 View Post
What about the TSS guys? I know, there aren't many of us.
------------------------------------------------------------------
The TSS is a regional port pkg, so it is not an official Toyota pkg, plus it is installed on an existing Toyota trim pkg, usually the SR5.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:08 PM   #45
Lifetime Member
CtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CtryBoyInMT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRH View Post
------------------------------------------------------------------
The TSS is a regional port pkg, so it is not an official Toyota pkg, plus it is installed on an existing Toyota trim pkg, usually the SR5.
Kind of a hijack...I can't find any pictures or info on the TSS package. Does anyone have a picture and explain what is/was included?
Old 06-15-2008, 06:58 PM   #46
Asgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Asgard's Tacoma Gallery
My SR5 came with LSD and the dealer's 18" rims package, aside from the stiffer TRD shocks and 17" rims I don't think there is any other mechanical differences between my truck and the TRD sport. Am I right ?
Old 06-16-2008, 04:36 AM   #48
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
I voted on the poll as the SR5/Base. But like the TSS, mines an X-SP. It started off as a basic Double Cab/SR5 and Southeast Toyota did its thing!
Old 06-16-2008, 08:13 AM   #49
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Exclamation XRunners ADDED!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beondwacko View Post

There is also no listing for the PreRunners, 4x4s, basic base model, short bed, long bed, etc...

BUT X-Runners are definitely in a class all their own. So, I have added X-Runners to the poll!

Cheers!
Old 06-16-2008, 08:20 AM   #50
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
My SR5 came with LSD and the dealer's 18" rims package, aside from the stiffer TRD shocks and 17" rims I don't think there is any other mechanical differences between my truck and the TRD sport. Am I right ?
you should bring it in for the suspension TSB, then they upgrade you to the TRD shocks.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:07 PM   #51
Asgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Asgard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

You're in the poll now.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:35 AM   #52
hashemg has a spectacular aura abouthashemg has a spectacular aura about

hashemg's Tacoma Gallery
i have the SR5 on a 2008 reg cab......ohh how i wish i could get the trd offroad in a reg cab. I love the e-locker especially on these New England trails

But then again i love the Scooped hood on the trd sport.

wish they could make some type of combo
Old 06-17-2008, 10:26 AM   #53
SHunter080703 is a glorious beacon of lightSHunter080703 is a glorious beacon of lightSHunter080703 is a glorious beacon of lightSHunter080703 is a glorious beacon of lightSHunter080703 is a glorious beacon of light

SHunter080703's Tacoma Gallery
SR5/Base.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:51 PM   #54
FOP @ 45
06sportaco will become famous soon enough

Navy: Engineman E3
06sportaco's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Sport DC prerunner 25354 miles on it. Lovin every minute of it too
Old 06-17-2008, 08:11 PM   #55
wormhole7 is on a distinguished road

wormhole7's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to wormhole7
Quote:

Don't feel too bad, they left mine out too. TSS.
Probably because there are so few of both, I'm guessing.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:31 PM   #56
jbassett30 is on a distinguished road

jbassett30's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jbassett30
my first tacoma was an 01 TRD off Road but in 07 i switched up to TRD sport like it a bit better but if i did serous offroading my old one would be better i think
Old 06-20-2008, 07:26 PM   #57
lockwire24 is on a distinguished road

Navy: GSM2
Name: Mark
lockwire24's Tacoma Gallery
06 base, wish I had gotten something bigger.

Eagle alloy 137 16x8, sport king AT 235/70-16, K & N cold air intake, Extang RT tool box tonneau cover, Bug shield, Vent shade, Husky truck box, Cruise control stick, Intermittent wiper stick and more on the way.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:21 PM   #58
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Off-Road......I was really looking into the sport because I didn't know about the TRD Off Road. The dealer is the one that pointed me to the off-road and I'm really glad he did. I'm very happy.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:38 PM   #59
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashemg View Post
i have the SR5 on a 2008 reg cab......ohh how i wish i could get the trd offroad in a reg cab. I love the e-locker especially on these New England trails

But then again i love the Scooped hood on the trd sport.

wish they could make some type of combo
A TRD O/R reg cab would be sweet. Especially if they put the 1GR-FE in there as well. That would be a damn beast