Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What do you have OR, SPORT, SR5/Base, or X-runner

View Poll Results: Which model do you have?
TRD Off Road 1,681 33.37%
TRD Sport 1,854 36.80%
SR5/Base 1,470 29.18%
X-Runner 33 0.66%
Voters: 5038. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-29-2013, 09:55 PM   #661
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBella View Post
My OR TRD does not have the painted accents and I love that....must be an 08 year thing. I have not seen another TRD without the paint matched fenders. More of a truck look. Less paint to worry about attracting shopping carts. The other half says it definitely looks like a guy's truck. Silver and black accents. Silver does not need to be washed.
if you have an 08 and it has the black flares and is an OR, it must be a rugged trail. that was the only year they made a TRD w/o the color matched flares...unless someone else did them after purchase. silver was one of the few colors it came in.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:22 AM   #662
Nocturnal is on a distinguished road
Nocturnal's Tacoma Gallery
Limited. I'm probably the only dumbass who bought a limited too because I've yet to see one unless everyone debadged their stuff.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:20 AM   #664
TacoBella is on a distinguished road

Navy: Naval Aviator, EC-10, C-3, 737 on and on...
TacoBella's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
if you have an 08 and it has the black flares and is an OR, it must be a rugged trail. that was the only year they made a TRD w/o the color matched flares...unless someone else did them after purchase. silver was one of the few colors it came in.
Yeah. Looked it up.... Except thankfully no black wheels. Must be the same edition. Thanks, I have an. apparently unpopular model.. LOL. There goes resale
Old 03-30-2013, 09:53 AM   #665
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Yeah. Looked it up.... Except thankfully no black wheels. Must be the same edition. Thanks, I have an. apparently unpopular model.. LOL. There goes resale
are your wheels stock or aftermarket? RR lock button on the left of the dash?
Old 03-30-2013, 06:58 PM   #666
TXPRO4X4 is on a distinguished road

Name: Bryan
TXPRO4X4's Tacoma Gallery
Yo
Old 03-30-2013, 08:58 PM   #667
TacoBella is on a distinguished road

Navy: Naval Aviator, EC-10, C-3, 737 on and on...
TacoBella's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
are your wheels stock or aftermarket? RR lock button on the left of the dash?
RR, RCSA and a Voltage switch
I am seeing black stock ones on Google search. Apparently one of the previous owners had the black stock ones changed out. Glad they did. LOL
Old 03-31-2013, 04:06 AM   #668
13Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
13Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
13' TRD O/R Double Cab.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:12 AM   #669
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
RR, RCSA and a Voltage switch
I am seeing black stock ones on Google search. Apparently one of the previous owners had the black stock ones changed out. Glad they did. LOL
they go for a pretty penny. at least they did years ago.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:46 PM   #670
nelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Neil
nelztaco's Tacoma Gallery
2009 dclb trd sport

Old 04-03-2013, 08:32 PM   #671
ndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: NICK
ndcmack's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Sport SR5 4x4

Old 04-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #672
That One Guy
Turbomeister is on a distinguished road

Turbomeister's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Off-Road. Love all the buttons and gizmos.....but kinda jealous of all the color matched parts the Sport guys have!

....And of course the skewp. I want a scoop
Old 04-04-2013, 04:58 PM   #673
Squeegee Steve is on a distinguished road
Name: Steve
Squeegee Steve's Tacoma Gallery
Same Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronk View Post
BASE model here, not even SR5.

I never use the rear slider on my past trucks, I'm already used to no power windows and no intermittent wipers, so I saved some $$ and went with the base. Only thing I wish I had were fog lights... those plastic covers look ugly.
I agree completely. I like having fewer electronics to fix in the cab. Much easier and cheaper for me to fix manual windows, etc. I am looking into some fog lamps too.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:36 PM   #674
MonkeyLuvsPoo is on a distinguished road
Marines: Motor T
Name: Nick
MonkeyLuvsPoo's Tacoma Gallery
BAJA aka ex$pensive TRD off road
Old 05-17-2013, 09:42 PM   #676
Master Navigator/Zipper Operator
Germ is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Germ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbomeister View Post
TRD Off-Road. Love all the buttons and gizmos.....but kinda jealous of all the color matched parts the Sport guys have!

....And of course the skewp. I want a scoop
x2 exactly
Old 05-18-2013, 04:49 PM   #677
tacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud of

tacomalimited's Tacoma Gallery
What? No limited? That's what i have, guess I'm not included in this poll.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:52 PM   #678
ZMEMBER
zboy is a jewel in the roughzboy is a jewel in the roughzboy is a jewel in the rough

zboy's Tacoma Gallery
2012 trd off road prerunner

color matched grille/ black bumper

NO CHROME
Old 06-08-2013, 09:16 PM   #679
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Bare bones Base model.
4 banger.
stick shift.
NO options.
Simple.

Cheap... like me.

Old 06-09-2013, 01:04 AM   #680
Thelgord is a name known to allThelgord is a name known to allThelgord is a name known to allThelgord is a name known to allThelgord is a name known to allThelgord is a name known to all
Army: 4ID
Thelgord's Tacoma Gallery
'13 TRD OffRoad DC

I really like not having carpet anywhere in the cab. Using a power sprayer to clean everything out only takes a couple of minutes. I also like having the A-Trac and the locker as an option when the pavement ends.

Best purchase I ever made...