Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Why did you buy a pre-runner?

Old 02-23-2010, 01:35 PM   #1
xSpyderguyx has a spectacular aura aboutxSpyderguyx has a spectacular aura aboutxSpyderguyx has a spectacular aura about

Name: Caleb
xSpyderguyx's Tacoma Gallery
Why did you buy a pre-runner?

This is not a thread to make fun of pre-runners. Im just wondering people would buy one? Personally speaking, I wouldnt, Id rather have a 4wd TRD truck(like mine is) But Ive seen some good looking pre-runners around with nice lifts and nice tires.

So...Why did you get yours
Old 02-23-2010, 01:37 PM   #3
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
I would get one to save some money if I didnt live in an area where it snows and I didnt 4 wheel like I do. There are plenty of bad ass prerunners on here that I would love to have!
Old 02-23-2010, 01:38 PM   #4
xSpyderguyx has a spectacular aura aboutxSpyderguyx has a spectacular aura aboutxSpyderguyx has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01tacoprerunner View Post
Cause its AWESOME!!!!
Your truck looks good. Have you ever found yourself needing 4wd?
Old 02-23-2010, 01:39 PM   #5
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
Because I have an extra 1.5k in my pocket right now to mod.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:40 PM   #6
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Don't need 4x4.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:42 PM   #7
bdub85 is on a distinguished road

Marines:
bdub85's Tacoma Gallery
I got a prerunner because I don't need 4wd where I live. No sense in paying for it when it's not gonna be used.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:43 PM   #8
whitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
whitebread's Tacoma Gallery
I bought one because I live in the South, and at the time, had no interest in off roading. I couldn't justify spending the extra money to use the 4WD for our annual two inches of snow which lasts a day or so. I needed a truck for hauling stuff, not slogging through the mud. ...Not to mention the dealership only had a couple 4x4s and dozens of PreRunners so I didn't even give it much thought.

My next truck surely will be a 4x4 because this damn forum has turned me on to four wheeling.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:45 PM   #9
Lifted 'n Locked 4WD Prerunner
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
01tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to 01tacoprerunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSpyderguyx View Post
Your truck looks good. Have you ever found yourself needing 4wd?
Thanks No but i watch were i drive. I have had some situations where i would like to have it to have some fun in the mud or trails but im ok without it. Plus insurance is a lot cheaper.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:45 PM   #10
Blade-Runner is on a distinguished road

Air Force: CATM NCOIC for AFMC Las Vegas, NV
Name: Kevin
Blade-Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Because on my last truck (F150 FX4) I could count on one hand the number of times I used 4WD and could justify the added cost of the 4X4 and extra insurance cost.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:45 PM   #11

Yeah I could have gotten away with a prerunner. But I love clicking on the ol' 4wd and taking it for a spin up in the mud hills where I live. Not much snow. But TRD and 4wd is nice to have.

Hell a toyota is a toyota if you ask me
Old 02-23-2010, 01:45 PM   #12
NWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NWtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
cheaper. and i dont have any use for 4WD
Old 02-23-2010, 01:46 PM   #13
Dang liberals.
tacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomaprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
The dealer only had a prerunner available. Looked everywhere for a 4x4 taco, but couldn't find one. Ran ads in the paper for a few weeks and everything. Finally ended up at the dealer and had to make a choice: Taco Prerunner or Camry. Seemed easy enough to me.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:47 PM   #14
I AM THE GREAT CHACHOLIO!!!
TheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud of

TheTacoManChach's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebread View Post
I bought one because I live in the South, and at the time, had no interest in off roading. I couldn't justify spending the extra money to use the 4WD for our annual two inches of snow which lasts a day or so. I needed a truck for hauling stuff, not slogging through the mud. ...Not to mention the dealership only had a couple 4x4s and dozens of PreRunners so I didn't even give it much thought.

My next truck surely will be a 4x4 because this damn forum has turned me on to four wheeling.
sept i don't even get 2 inches of snow...
Old 02-23-2010, 01:50 PM   #15
Lifted 'n Locked 4WD Prerunner
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

01tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to 01tacoprerunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSpyderguyx View Post
Yeah I could have gotten away with a prerunner. But I love clicking on the ol' 4wd and taking it for a spin up in the mud hills where I live. Not much snow. But TRD and 4wd is nice to have.

Hell a toyota is a toyota if you ask me
True about that a Toyota is a Toyota.

I wish mine was TRD, that would have been awesome, but i got a good deal on my truck
Old 02-23-2010, 01:50 PM   #16
Packguy2 is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
Packguy2's Tacoma Gallery
1. Didn't have the money for the 4x4
2. Never NEED 4x4 where I live
3. Still wanted the cool looks of the 4x4 suspension
Old 02-23-2010, 01:51 PM   #17
ASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to behold

ASH's Tacoma Gallery
I couldn't find a 4WD with the color (MGM or Pyrite Mica) and TRD Off Road package within 100 miles of me so, I went with the PreRunner.

FWIW, I drove a 4WD 2000 Tundra for 9 years and there wasn't a single time that I ever encountered a driving situation where I needed 4WD.

The only trails I drive on is when I go camping up in the Sierras (Meadow Lake) but the trails I drive on are mostly groomed. Mind you, this area has some hard core off road trails that require 4WD and a short wheel base (Annual Jeepers Jamboree is held here) but I've managed to go almost anywhere I've wanted in the general area in 2WD. I think my rear locker would get me out of anything I'll encounter there.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:52 PM   #18
81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
do the 5 luggers count...lol...i think 4x4 was a 2k option. didn't need it for the half dozen snow falls that we get.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:54 PM   #19
Taco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Taco76087's Tacoma Gallery
cost but a 4x4 would have been nice, just couldn't find one in my price range that was in the condition of the prerunner i got.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:00 PM   #20
shockittillyareconizeit is a name known to allshockittillyareconizeit is a name known to allshockittillyareconizeit is a name known to allshockittillyareconizeit is a name known to allshockittillyareconizeit is a name known to allshockittillyareconizeit is a name known to all
Name: Dustin
shockittillyareconizeit's Tacoma Gallery
Well, because my engine blew on my old Ranger(i was in need of a new truck for a long time) and so i had to get one that day to make it to work the next day. I will be getting a 4WD though soon. Just gotta get the cash. Gotten stuck a couple times and didn't think that i absolutely needed 4WD and then i started working in the mountains. The need changed really quickly.