1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

07 PreRunner - Interior Rattles & Popping

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ebb, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Feb 24, 2010 at 12:12 PM
    ebb

ebb [OP] New Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 TRD Off Road
    Hello All-
    Just purchased a 07 Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab, 35K miles, and the interior rattles & popping noises are driving me insane. I've already researched the threads about several rattle fixes, but my problems appear to be different.

The most noticeable occur when it’s cold outside, but occur in normal conditions as well. These rattles come from the gear shift console area as well as the cup holder in front of the shifter. When I apply pressure to these cheap plastic parts, I can get those rattles to stop.

Other rattles are coming from the Dash during normal driving, and are worse over bumpy roads. Seem to be coming from the driver’s side dash near the storage compartment beneath the ignition, but I can't pinpoint the exact area. I can also hear popping noises from the passenger dash and also from the rear of the truck.

Basically, I think my truck has every interior noise imaginable. I am also getting squeaks in the driver’s seat mainly when I shift my weight. Might be due to the seatbelt rattle I read about.

Coming from a rattle-free 01 Mazda B-Series, I would never have imagined a 3-year old Tacoma to have such issues. I’m very afraid of taking the truck to the dealer in fear that they’ll not find the problems or make them worse - and my warranty just expired.

Any suggestions here??? Sorry for the long post, but I’m irritated so bad, I’m honestly considering selling this truck.

Thanks.

2. Mar 6, 2010 at 10:49 AM
    kyrac1978

kyrac1978 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Dunnellon, FL
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD Tacoma 4.0L
    You probably are hearing a lot of noise from the overhead light dome as well. When you're driving, push on the dome light a little and see if that helps any but I am not sure how to fix it but mine makes a lot of noise as well.

Products Discussed in

To Top