1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any tips//suggestitons/etc...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by xmixpixx, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Feb 25, 2010 at 3:52 PM
    xmixpixx

xmixpixx [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    05 SR5 TRD Off Road 6 spd
    In the next week or so I am going to start the mod train.. I am having the "harsh ride" issues when towing, but my truck is past the warranty, and there is no way I will pay the 1600 to have the dealer do it. What I am planning on doing is the Toytec 2" AAL. I am planning on getting new u-bolts as well since I have read that they can stretch, etc. when torquing them down, and I would like to have my axle stay connected to the truck if at all possible. Secondly, I am going to get the 5100s from DSM, and set the front to 1.75 to avoid alignment problems, vibs, etc. Eventually I am going to replace the stock size tires with a 265.75.16 tire, but I have not decided which tire yet. I want to avoid having to get into wheel spacers, UCAs and trimming if at all possible. I want a fairly aggressive tire that will still be decent on the road. I have had the BFG at and liked it, but I have time to decide.

Mainly I was just wondering if anyone has suggestions or tips when doing this, or if they have had this setup and really like or hate a certain tire they have used. I tow a 14 foot jon boat used for fishing and hunting, but also I will be getting an enclosed trailer fairly soon for goose hunting.

Products Discussed in

To Top