Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

manual shifter shake

Old 02-25-2010, 05:22 PM   #1
meatwad is on a distinguished road
meatwad's Tacoma Gallery
manual shifter shake

does anyone know why, when losing traction, the shifter on my 6pd 09 trd sport access cab shakes back and forth violently?

its shakes so much i panic and pull off the throttle. I was stuck on a crosssloped hill with 6-in of snow with wet vegetation under it yesterday and was worried I wouldnt be able to get out (trying 4hi and 4lo were both unsucessful untill i got lucky).

is is the TRAC, or maybe wheel hop?

is there a "right" way of getting out of that besides not taking a sport down a wet snowy hill with street tires?
Old 02-25-2010, 05:33 PM   #2
NWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NWtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
its just shakin what its momma gave it
Old 02-25-2010, 05:44 PM   #3
meatwad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
I was thinking wheel hop myself.
well, considering this is my first manual trans, and first truck, is this normal or a problem? i dont want to damage anything obviously.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:55 PM   #4
meatwad's Tacoma Gallery
it also happened unnder these conditions on my driveway:

Old 02-25-2010, 06:48 PM   #5
Coupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
It's wheel hop. If you want a fix, buy a URD traction bar.