Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TRD Seats VS. SR5 Seats

View Poll Results: Which Seats are more comfortable?
TRD Seats 751 82.08%
SR5 Seats 164 17.92%
Voters: 915. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-02-2010, 11:47 AM   #81
MSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MSUtacoboy's Tacoma Gallery
come on guys, are those seats in my post above "sport seats" or SR5?
Old 09-02-2010, 11:49 AM   #82
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUtacoboy View Post
come on guys, are those seats in my post above "sport seats" or SR5?
Those are the sport seats. The SR5 seats are even across the front (middle doesn't stick out)
Old 09-02-2010, 11:57 AM   #83
MSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MSUtacoboy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
Those are the sport seats. The SR5 seats are even across the front (middle doesn't stick out)
thanks.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:17 PM   #84
rme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Helicopter pilot still serving
rme's Tacoma Gallery
Have you thought about having seats made.....Recaro...etc
Old 11-04-2010, 08:11 PM   #85
slmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
slmgt's Tacoma Gallery
I love my TRD seats. In fact, I was so fervently against the SR5 seats (their fabric in particular) that it would have taken a lot to get me to buy an SR5 over a TRD.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:26 PM   #86
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
I would go trd al the way .. Sr5 just look cheap
Old 11-04-2010, 08:45 PM   #87
Back in the game!
Wile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
Wile's Tacoma Gallery
TRD without question.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:16 PM   #88
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
The trd seats get a lot more comfortable if you're rocking side to side on uneven terrain.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:27 PM   #89
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
I'm happy with the SR5 seats.

Although...a 30 thousand dollar Toyota truck should have leather seats standard.

If I was going through the process of ordering a Tacoma...I would definitely check the 1300 dollar leather seats option.
NO THANK YOU. I know I;m the odd man out in my area having bought the truck and actually wishing it was more truck and not a cowboy caddilac.. but Leather has no place in a truck. Saddle blanket and rubber floor mat. No plush.. booo plush. I get angry riding in my buddy's denali. All that plush and buttons everywhere.. blech. No thanks. Much better in my other buddy's 5 speed f-150 single cab with a vinyl bench. Manly.

ANd I didn't pay any 30k for my truck either.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:27 PM   #90
bc_tacoma10 is on a distinguished road

Name: Rick
bc_tacoma10's Tacoma Gallery
go buy a caddy if you want comfort. you own a truck.
Attached Thumbnails
TRD Seats VS. SR5 Seats-interior-2.jpg   TRD Seats VS. SR5 Seats-poo0014.jpg   TRD Seats VS. SR5 Seats-poo0015.jpg   TRD Seats VS. SR5 Seats-poo0016.jpg   TRD Seats VS. SR5 Seats-poo0017.jpg  

TRD Seats VS. SR5 Seats-poo0018.jpg   TRD Seats VS. SR5 Seats-poo0019.jpg   TRD Seats VS. SR5 Seats-poo0020.jpg  
Old 11-05-2010, 10:46 AM   #91
rsxftw is a glorious beacon of lightrsxftw is a glorious beacon of lightrsxftw is a glorious beacon of lightrsxftw is a glorious beacon of lightrsxftw is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Tyler
rsxftw's Tacoma Gallery
I wish i had sport seats. I just have the SR5 ones which are ok, nothing special.
My bro in law has the sport though, sooo comfy in comparison.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:11 PM   #92
anonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Engineer
anonymous7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
I'm happy with the SR5 seats.

Although...a 30 thousand dollar Toyota truck should have leather seats standard.

If I was going through the process of ordering a Tacoma...I would definitely check the 1300 dollar leather seats option.

i HATE leather!!!!!!!! i would not have gotten a tacoma if it came with leather seats.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:07 PM   #93
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Leather is easier to clean than our stock cloth seats >.> Not sure how it's a bad thing in a truck tbh. I'll stick with my wet okole's but still.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:50 AM   #94
oldboy is on a distinguished road
Name: cj
oldboy's Tacoma Gallery
This seat thing has me bugged. I am tall and I look half at the visor and half out the window (mainly thru the blue tint) wondered if anybody has figured out how to LOWER the stock seat in their ride. Looks like the slides could come down. If not that then an aftermarket seat might be the answer...
Old 11-09-2010, 12:02 PM   #95
sledder is on a distinguished road
Name: Will
sledder's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
That's why I bought these...

Would you mind telling me which model seat you got? How are the bolsters getting in and out? I am looking at getting some in my daily driver but want to make sure it's not too much of a hassle (mostly for the missus in the passenger side - she already has to get a leg up to clear the lift )
Old 11-09-2010, 01:27 PM   #96
rme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rme's Tacoma Gallery
Just curious if anyone has tried one of these...the wife and I both have back problems....
http://www.industrialseats.com/pgr.a...&categoryID=20
Old 11-09-2010, 04:50 PM   #98

rme's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I've been in truck driving school and I love those seats and when I started to research I saw these by Recaro...the recaro seat are considered an excellent option for other vehicles.....
Old 11-09-2010, 05:37 PM   #99
george3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
george3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rme View Post
Yeah I've been in truck driving school and I love those seats and when I started to research I saw these by Recaro...the recaro seat are considered an excellent option for other vehicles.....
Let us know how it works out for ya.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:29 AM   #100

rme's Tacoma Gallery
Ask me how life works out for me after 31 Jan next year....after 33 years that's when I retire from the military...."I CAN'T WAIT!"