Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

flowmaster muffler = good power increase!!

Old 02-26-2010, 08:55 PM   #21
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Chokemasters flow like crap because they still used chambers. Most others use a straight flow design.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:05 PM   #25
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by red neck toy View Post
would headers gain me power or would they hurt me too?
if they help what would be better dt long tubes or something like jba shortys?
Headers WILL help. I believe long tubes will gain more power but im not sure.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:15 PM   #27
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
It's all about the dyno. Dyno's are calibrated better than the butt dyno. Even if the 'real' dyno is miss-caled it's closer
Old 02-26-2010, 09:27 PM   #28
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
well then.. you guys just made me feel like an idiot lol
why does every one put flowmasters, trd, magnaflow etc.. if you actually lose power??
what can i do to gain power then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
The dynomax super turbo is the only one I know of that increases power.

The Dynomax has shown the most gains on the Tacomas. The TRD gives a gain, as does Jardine, Magnaflow, Borla, though they are not huge gains.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:30 PM   #29
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztx1000 View Post
ahhh ohhhh, another one bits the dust.

flowmaster,magnaflow,thrush,trd,etc...=sound,raw BA-ness
stock= best power you will see(if toyota could get you more power from a 150 dollar muffler they would have engineered that way...)

just my .02 tho...and stats by members on this forum
That's not true even a little bit. You defeat your own argument: It's about money. Toyota wouldn't spend $150 on a muffler for a couple or few hp when they can spend $20 (or whatever small figure) on an OEM muffler.

Not only that, many aftermarket products, including said mufflers, DO provide power increases. Manufacturers have to choose between quality vs. price vs. performance and that means there is room for improvement in any stock vehicle.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:00 PM   #30
taco?
MotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: emt/cal fire
Name: Nate
MotoXdoer's Tacoma Gallery
i have a flowmaster super 40 installed single outlet. LOVE IT! as far as power goes im running 285km2 i still have the get up and go power and it sounds awesome. who cares about losing power. personel preference. high quality product and would do it all over again.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:29 AM   #31
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
That's not true even a little bit. You defeat your own argument: It's about money. Toyota wouldn't spend $150 on a muffler for a couple or few hp when they can spend $20 (or whatever small figure) on an OEM muffler.

Not only that, many aftermarket products, including said mufflers, DO provide power increases. Manufacturers have to choose between quality vs. price vs. performance and that means there is room for improvement in any stock vehicle.
Manufactures have to follow sound guidelines. While maintaining engine efficiency.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:55 AM   #32
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Manufactures have to follow sound guidelines. While maintaining engine efficiency.
Exactly. There are so many variables involved in the production of a vehicle, including laws as you mentioned, that there's no way they can squeeze every bit of performance out of a vehicle on an assembly line and still have it meet every guideline and CAFE standards.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:02 AM   #33
4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future

4low2go's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I got elevendybillion horsepower with my exhaust.
Which exhaust did you use? I want elevendybillion horsepower too! ...you do mean at the rear wheels , right?
Old 02-27-2010, 09:16 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
Exactly. There are so many variables involved in the production of a vehicle, including laws as you mentioned, that there's no way they can squeeze every bit of performance out of a vehicle on an assembly line and still have it meet every guideline and CAFE standards.
Many manufactures come close. The Corvette exhaust, Dodge Viper Ford Mustang, Nissan 350/370Z, have some VERY good exhaust systems. Really, the only "weak link" in a modern vehicles exhaust system I have found, is the headers. They are still manufactued in a way, in which they have to be able to install the engine with the headers on the engine. This limits the size, and length of the headers on the vehicle. Some manufactures (Toyota's Tundra foor example) ARE comming with a OEM tuned header system already on the vehicle.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:24 AM   #35
Jevansjr15 is a name known to allJevansjr15 is a name known to allJevansjr15 is a name known to allJevansjr15 is a name known to allJevansjr15 is a name known to allJevansjr15 is a name known to all

Navy: MM3
Name: Joe
Jevansjr15's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
well then.. you guys just made me feel like an idiot lol
why does every one put flowmasters, trd, magnaflow etc.. if you actually lose power??
what can i do to gain power then?
Don't sweat it man. It looks awesome, sounds awesome and gives a slight gain. There's a lot of bandwagon haters on here...lol
Old 02-27-2010, 09:27 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevansjr15 View Post
Don't sweat it man. It looks awesome, sounds awesome and gives a slight gain. There's a lot of bandwagon haters on here...lol
I dont think anyone is being a "Hater", just stateing facts. There is no doubt the Flowmaster mufflers are some of the best sounding, they just dont give the gains (none), they advertise. If you read their fine print, it even says "Up to", and "Actual results will very". Many people have dynoed the Flowmasters, and have seen the loss they give the Tacoma engines.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:30 AM   #37
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
so what header and exhaust would give me the most gain on a n/a 4liter?
Old 02-27-2010, 09:34 AM   #38
Jevansjr15 is a name known to allJevansjr15 is a name known to allJevansjr15 is a name known to allJevansjr15 is a name known to allJevansjr15 is a name known to allJevansjr15 is a name known to all

Navy: MM3
Name: Joe
Jevansjr15's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I dont think anyone is being a "Hater", just stateing facts. There is no doubt the Flowmaster mufflers are some of the best sounding, they just dont give the gains (none), they advertise. If you read their fine print, it even says "Up to", and "Actual results will very". Many people have dynoed the Flowmasters, and have seen the loss they give the Tacoma engines.
I understand what you're saying. I just don't understand why some people are bashing the guys statement of power gain, when they probably have never even used the product themselves
Old 02-27-2010, 09:39 AM   #39
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
haha yeah a little bit im not the only one that flys the flag up here tho lol
Well please please please dont ever take it off
Old 02-27-2010, 09:41 AM   #40
MocoTaco is on a distinguished road
MocoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Flowmaster mufflers DO add power over OEM mufflers, by up to 15hp. Hate to break everybody's knock, but manufacturers deal with emission issues, cost issues, etc.,etc., the question is how much over open exhaust would it give? I'ld wonder if any. I usually run Flowmasters, been running em for years now, like the sound, prolly run one on my new Taco too, but then, if I was concerned about all that much HP giddy-up, I wouldn't of got a 4 popper either.