Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Seat covers for side airbags?

Old 02-12-2007, 03:55 PM   #1
AZtacoma07 is on a distinguished road
AZtacoma07's Tacoma Gallery
Seat covers for side airbags?

Well, I have had my truck about 4 days now, and have spent most of it in front of the computer reading up at all the forums. What a big help!

I would like to get the TRD factory seat covers, but was told they are not compatible with buckets that have the side airbags. Anybody know of a good seat cover that works with the side airbags?
Old 02-12-2007, 04:08 PM   #2
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

Ldytaco05's Tacoma Gallery
I think the oem wet seat covers they cost like $185 each? you can even customize it with the taco logo
Old 02-12-2007, 08:13 PM   #3
LovinMyTaco07 is on a distinguished road
LovinMyTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZtacoma07 View Post
... I would like to get the TRD factory seat covers, but was told they are not compatible with buckets that have the side airbags. Anybody know of a good seat cover that works with the side airbags?
Why would a seat cover not be compatible with buckets that have side airbags? I thought the airbags came out from the door frame... am I way off on that?
We found some very comfortable, shaggy, and inexpensive seat covers (for the front seats) at Costco...
Old 02-12-2007, 09:19 PM   #4
AZtacoma07 is on a distinguished road
AZtacoma07's Tacoma Gallery
Why would a seat cover not be compatible with buckets that have side airbags? I thought the airbags came out from the door frame... am I way off on that?
We found some very comfortable, shaggy, and inexpensive seat covers (for the front seats) at Costco...

I think you are referring to the curtian airbag, which is in the roof area above the side window. The side airbags are on the side of the seats, and marked with a SRS tag. This is in the owners manual too. I did some researching and found that Great Covers makes a custom cover that is compatible with the airbag...If you have side airbags covered by a seat cover, I'd take a look at the warnings in the manual. Just want to make sure you are all safe out there.

Here is the link for anyone who is interested. They are $139 per row.

http://www.great-covers.bigstep.com/...?UCIDs=1307421
Old 02-13-2007, 07:50 AM   #5
LovinMyTaco07 is on a distinguished road
LovinMyTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZtacoma07 View Post
I think you are referring to the curtian airbag, which is in the roof area above the side window. The side airbags are on the side of the seats, and marked with a SRS tag. This is in the owners manual too. I did some researching and found that Great Covers makes a custom cover that is compatible with the airbag...If you have side airbags covered by a seat cover, I'd take a look at the warnings in the manual. Just want to make sure you are all safe out there.

Here is the link for anyone who is interested. They are $139 per row.

http://www.great-covers.bigstep.com/...?UCIDs=1307421
Thank you AZtacoma07! I'll have to double check to see if ours came with the side airbag. I would like it too, but at the same time that would mean that we would need different seat covers!