Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Installed...Nittos, Icon coilovers, Icon rear shocks with...

Old 04-13-2008, 09:47 AM   #1
iwc3714 will become famous soon enough
iwc3714's Tacoma Gallery
Installed...Nittos, Icon coilovers, Icon rear shocks with...

reservoirs and Icon add a leaf.
I have to admit it looks better It was only a mild 2.5" lift.
No vibration or shakes when driving it home.

Old 04-13-2008, 09:51 AM   #2
Carolina Alliance Costal Div
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

2003greenbean's Tacoma Gallery
looks good
Old 04-13-2008, 10:57 AM   #3
Come on, Touch it......
ChrisDeSoup will become famous soon enough

ChrisDeSoup's Tacoma Gallery
.....Sweeeeeet
Old 04-13-2008, 12:05 PM   #6
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Im not particularly fan of changing the vehicle oem wheels, but this look very nice, congrats!
Old 04-13-2008, 12:33 PM   #7
iwc3714's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks everyone for the nice comments.
Hi, eordonez, the 18" enkei rims were put on at the point of entry (Jacksonville, FL).
btw, the bottom picture-one showing the coilovers-are with the old Micheline Cross Terrains.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:34 PM   #8
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Nice setup man!
Old 04-13-2008, 02:10 PM   #9
Jake is on a distinguished road

Army: 5th Infantry Division Mechanized - MOS 16S10 E4
Jake's Tacoma Gallery
Wow! Great looking truck. Question for all of you. With the rear leaf TRB can you use the add a leaf or would it be better to use a rear block lift with the TRB set up?
Old 04-13-2008, 07:58 PM   #11
iwc3714's Tacoma Gallery
Not quite following you-what is a rear leaf trb?
I replaced the overspring leaf ( I think thats what they call it) and added the add a leaf-which is really three leafs. Now I have five leafs, instead of the original three leafs. I believe this combination will give you a better ride, than adding a block.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:07 PM   #12
Stealer of Souls
Charli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck?
Charli's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Question for all of you. With the rear leaf TRB can you use the add a leaf or would it be better to use a rear block lift with the TRB set up?
Alot of people aren't big fans of blocks, but others have them with no problems--it all depends. That said, I have 1 and a half inch blocks (Toytec 3" lift) because, according to Toytec, the AALs wouldn't work with the TSB done. Their customer service told me that, first, the AALs wouldn't fit after having it done, and second, the ride would be really too harsh anyway. So if you have the TSB, blocks are the only choice through Toytec, but I don't know about other manufacturers.

Looks good by the way!
Old 04-14-2008, 07:15 AM   #13
iwc3714's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Charli.
Didn't know that fact about the tsb and add a leaf. Well I guess that clears
that up. Great to have people who know their stuff on this forum-teaching us- newbies-the right way.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:34 AM   #14
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Looks sweet!! Very nice taco man!
Old 04-14-2008, 12:45 PM   #15
Stealer of Souls
Charli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Charli's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you!

If there's anybody out there with experience on the TSB and AALs from other manufacturers, hopefully they'll post!
Old 01-09-2009, 12:09 PM   #16
KeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant future

Name: Keith
KeithB's Tacoma Gallery
I am planning to do the same lift. What size are your tires. I'm going with a 17" wheels but wondering how wide and tall and what backspacing I will need with 2" lift icon coilovers in front and 1.5" lift deavers with icon shocks in back. Want to fit 285/65R17's (32x11.5) or 31.6x11.2 to be exact. I think the height will be fine but not sure about rubbing the UCA. I'm thinking 4" BS would be ideal but not sure what the factory wheel BS is. Is it 4.5?

Also, don't have the truck yet but planning to buy an '09 sport DC. Currently have an '01 xtra cab.

Edit: looks like Nitto does not have a 285/65R17. Maybe have to go with 285/60R18 then.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:46 PM   #17
Is there a long john silvers on the island?
TurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TurfTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charli View Post
Alot of people aren't big fans of blocks, but others have them with no problems--it all depends. That said, I have 1 and a half inch blocks (Toytec 3" lift) because, according to Toytec, the AALs wouldn't work with the TSB done. Their customer service told me that, first, the AALs wouldn't fit after having it done, and second, the ride would be really too harsh anyway. So if you have the TSB, blocks are the only choice through Toytec, but I don't know about other manufacturers.

Looks good by the way!
Toytec has 2 sets of AALs. Either will work without TSB done, depends on if you want 1 1/2" or 2" of lift. You have to use the 1 1/2" AAL if you have the TSB. Either kit is 79.99 each. That being said Toytec has AALs whether you have the TSB or not.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:51 PM   #18
Stealer of Souls

Charli's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhodes View Post
Toytec has 2 sets of AALs. Either will work without TSB done, depends on if you want 1 1/2" or 2" of lift. You have to use the 1 1/2" AAL if you have the TSB. Either kit is 79.99 each. That being said Toytec has AALs whether you have the TSB or not.
The original post is from awhile back--at the time I ordered, Toytec had only blocks available with the TSB, I guess things have changed! Too bad, I would rather have had the AALs. Will have to save up and change them out one of these days.