1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TSB questions

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by veeju966, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Feb 28, 2010 at 2:30 PM
    veeju966

veeju966 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2001 Toyota 4runner
    I just bought a new Tacoma 4x4 double cab base model. Well, I got it in december. I;ve been lurking here for a while, but I saw some posts on TSB for the rear suspension and some for the transmission that I had questions about. The posts said that if you have three leaves in the rear, you need to go and mention the TSB and get a fourth. Does that apply to my truck? Also I saw a TSB post on a transmission shifting issue. I have a lot of issues with my transmission hunting for gears at awkward moments. And its not the "fuel saving" mode that it goes into when you go down hill. I've had that happen too, but I see that's normal. If anyone can answer my question, I'd appreciate it.

2. Feb 28, 2010 at 2:37 PM
    XSB41

XSB41 If I had a hammer...

Member:
    First Name:
    Rik
    Va.
    Vehicle:
    2010 SR5 4X4
    hitch haul, bed extender, bed mat, behind seat gun rack, roof rack
    Hit the search and put in TSB...will give you the numbers. I too had the tran prob, they fixed it pronto, runs great. Put a load in your bed and hit some mall speed bumps and see if it bottoms out; I think the extra leaf will cock yer back up, then you might want to level the front, creating more stuff for you to think about...

*I think the 2010 # is 0393 or something; try transmission tsb in the search, some #s in there. I'm not used to a computer, sorry...

Products Discussed in

To Top