Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Undercover or bakflip g2 cover ?

Old 02-28-2010, 05:19 PM   #1
copdude33 will become famous soon enoughcopdude33 will become famous soon enough
Army:
copdude33's Tacoma Gallery
Undercover or bakflip g2 cover ?

Looking to get a bad cover but I am torn between the undercover tonneau and the Bakflip G2. I will be installing a tailgate lock too. I want something that will be secure. Wondering if the G2 will be tamper free.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:20 PM   #2
Razorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Razorecko's Tacoma Gallery
I like my undercover, sturdy. Always keeps everything in the bed dry. And alone it takes me about 10min to remove and with another hand about 5 min tops.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:23 PM   #3
mustangwilly is a glorious beacon of lightmustangwilly is a glorious beacon of lightmustangwilly is a glorious beacon of lightmustangwilly is a glorious beacon of lightmustangwilly is a glorious beacon of light
mustangwilly's Tacoma Gallery
I have the bak-flip myself and love it. The best feature is being able to utilize the entire bed if needed. I also like that it sits flush with the top of the bed. The bad part is you lose the tie downs. It can be installed or removed in less than 10 minutes and it doesn't take up much room in the garage due to it folding up.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:32 PM   #4
copdude33 will become famous soon enoughcopdude33 will become famous soon enough
Army:
copdude33's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangwilly View Post
I have the bak-flip myself and love it. The best feature is being able to utilize the entire bed if needed. I also like that it sits flush with the top of the bed. The bad part is you lose the tie downs. It can be installed or removed in less than 10 minutes and it doesn't take up much room in the garage due to it folding up.
How secure is it if you have the tailgate lock? Can someone get in it easy or does it secure good?
Old 02-28-2010, 05:33 PM   #5
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/toy...eau-cover.html
Old 02-28-2010, 05:42 PM   #6
mustangwilly is a glorious beacon of lightmustangwilly is a glorious beacon of lightmustangwilly is a glorious beacon of lightmustangwilly is a glorious beacon of lightmustangwilly is a glorious beacon of light
mustangwilly's Tacoma Gallery
If you have a tailgate lock it would be difficult to break into. The cover itself is very sturdy and the only way you can open it is to open the tailgate. I also have never seen it leak.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:44 PM   #7
jbparrish is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Retired
Name: Jim
jbparrish's Tacoma Gallery
I have the bakflip g2 and like it quite a bit. I think it's basically tamper free. One downfall is that the back of it near the tailgate looks a little unfinished. It's due to the tailgate being lower than the side rails. I do like that it is very low profile. As far as losing the rails on the side that is definetly true but for $40.00 you can do the d-ring mod which adds extra d-rings to the floor of the truck bed. I dont believe that it seals better then the undercover but I like the idea that of being able to use the entire truck bed at anytime. I don't need to plan ahead or take it off and leave it home.
Just my .02 cents

As for a tailgate lock I have a dynolock powered tailgate lock. It works great. Works with my keyfob.