Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

CV Boot torn...need help or advice???

Old 03-01-2010, 05:07 PM   #1
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
CV Boot torn...need help or advice???

Cleaning my truck really good yesterday and noticed a bunch of grease on my drivers side cv. So today when I had a chance I started turning my wheels to open up the cv and see if there might be a tear. Low and behold I found one, a small little hole in the boot.

Question, I have it scheduled to go to the dealer on Wednesday. Would this be covered under warranty?

This is my daily driver, and what would be considered a mall crawler right now I guess So it has not been driven hard. I can't imagine what would have caused this. We have had a crazy winter, I guess ice maybe could have poked it just right, but seems a little crazy?

Old 03-01-2010, 05:19 PM   #2
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
Dude how much lift do you have that thing looks like it is all tweaked.
People on here have changed them, but I would take it to the dealer.
It probably won't go for warrenty since you have messed with the angle so much.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:50 PM   #3
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lol..That is a picture with the wheel turned all the way to the left...there is only a 1.75 lift on it with billies. Turning the wheel like that was the only way to see the hole.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:57 PM   #4
ttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
ttylerr's Tacoma Gallery
even with the billies at 1.75... i think they can still deny warranty due to the fact the boot angle has been changed. you could always ask, the worst they can do is say no, and you do it yourself/get someone else to do it for less. i'm sure the dealer wont be cheap, and they arent all that hard to replace.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:38 PM   #5
The Stroker Ace

I am not sure how long it has been this way, just noticed it this weekend. I am going to be pissed if I have to pay for it to get fixed.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:07 PM   #6
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendooman View Post
lol..That is a picture with the wheel turned all the way to the left...there is only a 1.75 lift on it with billies. Turning the wheel like that was the only way to see the hole.
Ok in the picture it almost looks 90 deg. I would try and take it in. Just tell them that it is with in the normal geometery of the suspension. Its not like you have changed anything major. All they can say is no. I also wouldn't even mention the lift. If they ask you just have an aftermarket shock. Play dumb.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:26 PM   #7
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
I just changed mine, paid $270 for both axles shipped. Install was pretty easy. But I would take it to the dealer and see what they say. The angle shouldnt be that bad on 1 3/4" lift.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:11 AM   #8
Fortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fortech's Tacoma Gallery
Looks punctured to me. Dealer may or may not fix - I would lean towards won't. It isn't Toyota's problem you drove over something that punctured it.

A new boot is only $25 or so.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:01 PM   #10
Tsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud of

Name: Greg
Tsenekos's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like it got punchured by something does not look like a crack at all