LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

**NEED HELP PLEASE** Installing front 5100's with Eibach Springs

Old 03-01-2010, 09:53 PM   #1
aspen432 is on a distinguished road
aspen432's Tacoma Gallery
**NEED HELP PLEASE** Installing front 5100's with Eibach Springs

I'm replacing a spacer kit that the previous owner had put on my tacoma and am having an issue that I could really use some help on. I've already removed the old shocks and taken them in to have the new bilsteins assembled with my ebiech springs but something doesn't look quite right. You can see in the "top of shock" attachment that my threads look really long and I'm thinking there is piece missing here. In looking at the attached pdf the "front suspension support sub-assembly" seems to consist of another piece. There was a large 1.5" rubber piece previously (see "with spacer on top of shock") but I think this was part of the spacer kit correct? Is it possible the original sub-assembly was modified when the spacer kit was put on? Any help here would be appreciated as my truck is currently sitting up on jacks in my garage until I can figure this out. Thanks everyone.
Attached Thumbnails
**NEED HELP PLEASE** Installing front 5100's with Eibach Springs-top-shock.jpg   **NEED HELP PLEASE** Installing front 5100's with Eibach Springs-spacer-top-shock.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf shock assembly.pdf (101.5 KB, 58 views)
Old 03-01-2010, 10:02 PM   #2
j1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Justin
j1999t's Tacoma Gallery
i think there is supposed to be a pad, and it might be stuck to the spacer, otherwise, check out another tacoma in the area and find out if theirs has a pad...
someone who knows more about this will chime in soon
Old 03-01-2010, 10:11 PM   #3
Thread killer
LBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
maybe they put longer bolts to accomodate the spacer lift?
Im not sure, I went straight to Icon coilovers from stock.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:12 PM   #4
Proud Washingtonian
godofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud of

Navy: paper pusher
Name: Steve
godofspeed's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry I just reread your post. I was thinking about a diffrent piece. I am not sure, but it does look a little bit longer. Looks like they changed out the bolts to accomodate the spacer lift.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:17 PM   #5
You're probably right about them adding longer bolts because all the pictures I've seen show the top with bolts that look about half this length. I'm still unsure about whether there should be a rubber piece somewhere at the top there either underneath the top plate in between it and the spring or on top of the plate in between it and where the top of the shock mounts with the three nuts. Anyone?
Old 03-01-2010, 10:20 PM   #6
Proud Washingtonian
godofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud of

Yes there should be a rubber piece there. Look at the picture of the stock mount, if you look closer you can see a rubber piece that sits between the spring and the actual top mount.

Old 03-01-2010, 10:21 PM   #7
Proud Washingtonian

I think you can leave it the way it is, but the spring squeek would probably annoy me.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:27 PM   #8
OK, now that's interesting. I think that I had assumed that that piece was part of the spacer kit needed to get the full 2.5 inches but maybe it was part of the stock configuration. See the attached image. It has the piece that was on top of the plate along with the piece that was under it as well (positioned respectively in the picture). Do you think I should have had them leave the bottom spacer on under the plate? It looks a little thicker than the one in your picture but then again it's not under any compression...
Attached Thumbnails
**NEED HELP PLEASE** Installing front 5100's with Eibach Springs-shock-both-spacers.jpg  
Old 03-01-2010, 10:30 PM   #9
Proud Washingtonian

Yes those actually look thicker. If you put one of those plastic piece between the spring and the top mount, you will be preloading your spring. With that small of a lift I don't think your ride will be that bad. I really wouldn't know because I am using Icon coilover for my lift, vs spacers. I am sure others will chime in.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:45 PM   #10
Proud Washingtonian

so apparently the person who had the truck before you changed out the bolts. If you follow this link, he is selling new spacer lift kit and it comes with different bolts. Maybe make a run to home depot and see if you can find some replacement bolts? Just a suggestion.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...it-l-area.html