Notices

mod daily driver?

Old 03-02-2010, 05:27 PM   #1
tacobush is on a distinguished road

Marines: Cpl, usmc
Name: paul
tacobush's Tacoma Gallery
mod daily driver?

i just bought a brand new Toyota, and its my first. 2010 taco trd sport, 4x4. im gonna hold back...well i get excited.
so should i start customizing? i really wanna go wheelin, i live in the desert. can you put lockers on your daily driver?
Old 03-02-2010, 05:30 PM   #2
Three Percenter
SampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Steve
SampleFool's Tacoma Gallery
First check that your vehicle is not included in the driveshaft recall, its a couple post be low yours.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ft-recall.html
Old 03-02-2010, 05:43 PM   #3
Proud Washingtonian
godofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud of

Navy: paper pusher
Name: Steve
godofspeed's Tacoma Gallery
You are fine with daily driving it with mods.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:46 PM   #4
KeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant future

Name: Keith
KeithB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobush View Post
i just bought a brand new Toyota, and its my first. 2010 taco trd sport, 4x4. im gonna hold back...well i get excited.
so should i start customizing? i really wanna go wheelin, i live in the desert. can you put lockers on your daily driver?
Dude, you just bought it and your thinking of modding it to add lockers? You should have gotten the TRD off-road, it comes with an e-locker. The sport does not. Anyway, you can put lockers on a DD but they are expensive, at least for something selectable. The cheaper ones are always locked which is not good for a DD.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:51 PM   #5
j1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Justin
j1999t's Tacoma Gallery
hey fellow tacoma owner! START CUSTOMIZING!!! it will say to everyone that it is YOUR tacoma, with your handiwork in it!
Old 03-02-2010, 05:58 PM   #6
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
I vote mod it! I put 5k on the truck already had a lift, tires, header, exhaust and little minor details. Its boring driving a stock truck welcome to the forum
Old 03-02-2010, 06:23 PM   #7
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
here is my daily driver and weekend basher

Old 03-02-2010, 06:32 PM   #8
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
lockers are a win/win. open diff when being all civilized...and push a button..all locked up. perfect daily driver mod.

why didnt you buy the offroad package?
Old 03-02-2010, 06:38 PM   #9
Simon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Simon2150's Tacoma Gallery
mod it!
Old 03-02-2010, 07:06 PM   #10
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
To be a serious wheelin daily driver, all you have to do is change the tires!
Tacoma's are outstanding four wheel drives, only the stock tires limits its abilities.
I recommend goodyear Duratracs, great traction in all conditions.
After that its up to you on serious you want to go.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:10 PM   #11
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Just don't go cheap on parts and you will be fine. Also have fun with it but remember it has to get you to work.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:48 PM   #12

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
lockers are a win/win. open diff when being all civilized...and push a button..all locked up. perfect daily driver mod.

why didnt you buy the offroad package?

well i wanted the hood-scoop and i heard the offroad one doesnt come with one. i want arb air-lockers
Old 03-03-2010, 05:02 PM   #13
DeathBound is a name known to allDeathBound is a name known to allDeathBound is a name known to allDeathBound is a name known to allDeathBound is a name known to allDeathBound is a name known to all

Army: Aviation
Name: Jay
DeathBound's Tacoma Gallery
You know the hood scoop is just for looks, right?
Old 03-03-2010, 05:09 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathBound View Post
You know the hood scoop is just for looks, right?
yeah, i know but it looks really good. see here's the thing. i had the money. it was either a tacoma trd. or a subaru wrx sti. and i wanted a hood-scoop. but i ended up buying the taco, because its just well bad ass!!!