Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

wired plug behind 1st switch blank next to mirror?

Old 04-16-2008, 06:12 AM   #1
kohan25 is on a distinguished road
kohan25's Tacoma Gallery
wired plug behind 1st switch blank next to mirror?

I popped off the 1st switch blank on the lower left dash next to the mirror control and there is a wired plug for something behind it. Can someone tell me what it is for.
Thanks
Old 04-16-2008, 06:20 AM   #2
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kohan25 View Post
I popped off the 1st switch blank on the lower left dash next to the mirror control and there is a wired plug for something behind it. Can someone tell me what it is for.
Thanks
Does your truck have the factory fog lights?
Old 04-16-2008, 10:39 AM   #3
Blinking Car Mod...
RedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
RedruM29's Tacoma Gallery
use your imagination! If you can think it, you can build it. here's a link to some switches that fill those blanks. Hella Illuminated Flush Mount Rocker Switches.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:12 AM   #4
all.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

all.on.black's Tacoma Gallery
It plugs into the clutch cancel switch found on the standard/manual transmissions. I'm assuming you have an auto, thus it not having the switch.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:35 AM   #5
kohan25 is on a distinguished road
kohan25's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the reply. It is an auto trans so I guess that is it.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:46 PM   #6
all.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

all.on.black's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kohan25 View Post
Thanks for the reply. It is an auto trans so I guess that is it.
I might actually be wrong. It could be part of the Toyota security alarm. The clutch cancel button is one spot to the right of the spot you mentioned.