Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Roll Bar with toolbox?

Old 03-05-2010, 04:18 AM   #1
GWL is a jewel in the roughGWL is a jewel in the roughGWL is a jewel in the rough
Name: justin
GWL's Tacoma Gallery
Smile Roll Bar with toolbox?

Hey guys, I want a toolbox for storage needs but i like the look of roll bars. I am thinking of building a double roll bar for the truck and then put a toolbox on the inside of it and make it flush with the top of the rails. If anyone has pics of roll bars or any advice it would be greatly appreciated
Old 03-07-2010, 07:27 AM   #2
GWL is a jewel in the roughGWL is a jewel in the roughGWL is a jewel in the rough
GWL's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone at all have pics of rollbars on 2nd gen tacomas? I have seen the light bars that sit on top of the rails and they look good I just couldn't weld any brackets to fit my toolbox on a light bar. The white retro SEMA tacoma is the set up I'm thinking of going for but I can't find any pics of the rollbar mounted. Anything you guys got helps!
Old 03-07-2010, 07:30 AM   #3
Proud Washingtonian
godofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud of

Navy: paper pusher
Name: Steve
godofspeed's Tacoma Gallery
That would be awesome. Post pictures if you find one or get one.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:32 AM   #4
Batman
airsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
airsoft_warrior's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to airsoft_warrior
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWL View Post
Anyone at all have pics of rollbars on 2nd gen tacomas? I have seen the light bars that sit on top of the rails and they look good I just couldn't weld any brackets to fit my toolbox on a light bar. The white retro SEMA tacoma is the set up I'm thinking of going for but I can't find any pics of the rollbar mounted. Anything you guys got helps!
There are some pics around here. Search roll bar you will find the threads!
Old 03-24-2010, 01:54 PM   #5
GWL's Tacoma Gallery
Hey everyone,
Old 03-24-2010, 01:58 PM   #6
Breazeale- Pronounced Brazil
toyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: truck driver 1404
Name: chris
toyotadude5's Tacoma Gallery
here is mine.

Old 03-24-2010, 02:06 PM   #7
GWL's Tacoma Gallery
edit last post..... i am ordering my pipe in th next couple days and was hoping to see pics of rollbars/sport bars on tacomas. First gen are more than welcome I am thinking about doing a double roll bar with 3'' 1/8'' B.I. pipe. any suggestions on pipe thickness or whether or not i should use tubing instead of pipe would be greatly appreciated! I have only seen a couple ones on TW so far so the more the better.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:09 PM   #8
GWL's Tacoma Gallery
toyotadude5, what size tubing or pipe do you have there? Trook looks great my rollbar might look a bit like yours but instead of that awesome tire holder i will have a toolbox in there
Old 03-24-2010, 02:11 PM   #9
Breazeale- Pronounced Brazil
toyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: truck driver 1404
Name: chris
toyotadude5's Tacoma Gallery
its 4 inch piping i belive. i bought this roll bar on craigslist. It came out of a 96 nissan pickup truck.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:16 PM   #10
GWL's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE]
its 4 inch piping i belive. i bought this roll bar on craigslist. It came out of a 96 nissan pickup truck.
[QUOTE]

Thanks
Old 03-24-2010, 03:32 PM   #11
Batman
airsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Here is mine. Not finished yet. Needs to be cut down just looking for someone to do it for free or trade or something.

Below is what it is supposed to look like. But I have a short bed. So I have to cut it down or find someone to trade with.\
Old 03-25-2010, 04:45 AM   #12
GWL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Here is mine. Not finished yet. Needs to be cut down just looking for someone to do it for free or trade or something.

Below is what it is supposed to look like. But I have a short bed. So I have to cut it down or find someone to trade with.\

Too bad your not in my area I'd have her chopped down and rewelded in no time at all, hopefully you can get it cut down though i like the look of it
Old 03-25-2010, 12:02 PM   #13
Batman

There is a guy near me that contacted me that may be able to do it.