1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

is bigger really better?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by dirthawker1313, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Aug 5, 2010 at 11:56 PM
    tacosupreme54

tacosupreme54 Well-Known Member

Member:
    NW GA
    Vehicle:
    Off-Road 4x4 SR-5
    OME 885's, 90000 and n182 shocks, CB drop, 295/75/16 Hankook Dynapro MT RT03's, 16"x8" Pro Comp 7089 wheels, Avid Off Road Light Bar, Magnaflow 12226-14'' Muffler dumped after axle, color matched grille, Team Realtree camo seat and steering wheel covers, Husky floor liners, towing hitch, bed extender, Tacoma bed mat, all black emblems, black sockmonkey decals, bedlined rear bumper.
    i can't see myself paying $1000+ for an ongoing problem: like 10 mpg (bc you're more than likely going to want to put 35's on it), realignments every few months, regearing, etc. etc. not to mention that the first $1000+ covers just the lift, you will probably spend another couple grand in getting parts that are compatible for the lift, paying to get it installed, wheels and tires and all. i will say that i actually contemplated a 6" lift and as much as i'd like it, and we all would, i couldn't bring myself to pay that much and get myself into that big of a hassle. sure, it looks great! but i don't just have money laying around to waste on it. i just don't see it as practical, most of those 6" lift trucks never leave the pavement. in fact, a lot of them are 2wd...what's the point in that? yeah, i know it's a chick magnet. but i can find better ways to attract girls than that. if you want to do it, do it. if you/your parents have money to waste, do it. if you want it to look good and don't care what it does to your truck, do it. that's just my opinion thrown in with a few facts. and no, this is not me hating on anybody because i have a 3" lift, it's just how i feel and what i know.

2. Aug 6, 2010 at 1:51 AM
    numbah57

numbah57 GIVE THE MALL A BREAK...WHEEL THAT SHIT

Member:
    First Name:
    kahai
    Maui, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma 2.7 Beaten not Babied
    URD ARB G2 PELFREY BAMF LCE AFE
    Sure 6" looks sexy but it's just not practical for me. The places that I wheel have some very low trees that even 3" trucks come kinda close to, lots of paint in the trees from the kids with 6" lifts trying to get through. Not to mention the fact that I got a 4-banger and regearing for tires is just not an option of mine. Fox 2.5 coilovers and a deaver pack is more than enough for me.

3. Aug 6, 2010 at 1:55 AM
    schiz94

schiz94 Thread Jacker

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Bellingham,WA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Reg Cab
    Morimoto Projector Retrofit, alpine cda-105,Wheelskins leather wheel cover, wet okoles,5% tint on back and 24% on front two windows,Debadged tailgate,custom sockmonkey centercap decals, xr rims pced gloss black.
    at a point.. big becomes too big. then it just gets nasty[​IMG]

4. Aug 6, 2010 at 3:09 AM
    MountainEarth

MountainEarth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access
    Leer 100XR Shell, BedRug mat - comfy sleeping, GT Covers microfiber seat covers, BFG All Terrains 265/70r16, Dashmat, Antennax 13" shorty antenna, Weathertech liners, Ultra Gauge, Avid Light Bar, PIAA 520 ATPs, one old dog
    True wisdom brother. Good god that's wrong.

5. Aug 6, 2010 at 7:20 AM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    Holy freak'n thread revival batman. Do people even look at the dates?

6. Aug 6, 2010 at 7:24 AM
    Loudpedal

Loudpedal Mind = Blown

Member:
    First Name:
    Blair
    Not really New, not really Mexico
    Vehicle:
    02 SR5-Hole 4x4
    Andres Devil Horns, Goodyear Duratracs, Accidental Tailgate Delete (x2), Billy 5100s, OME 881 coils, Wheeler's 5-leafs, BAMF Sliders with kickouts, Box Rocket Fab Bedrack.
    No. but the giant boobs pic will certainly draw and audience

7. Aug 13, 2010 at 12:46 AM
    schiz94

schiz94 Thread Jacker

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Bellingham,WA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Reg Cab
    Morimoto Projector Retrofit, alpine cda-105,Wheelskins leather wheel cover, wet okoles,5% tint on back and 24% on front two windows,Debadged tailgate,custom sockmonkey centercap decals, xr rims pced gloss black.
    me. you got a problem? hehe

8. Aug 13, 2010 at 12:53 AM
    MOT

MOT Prez of @BattleBornToyotas

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 DB DC 4X4 Sr5 Sport
    Black Housing Head, Custom Retro fit, T-Rex #2 Eyelids 50 inch ToughLight Radius Bar and 2 20 inch Bars behind grill with BAMF mount, T-Rex #2 Eyelids, Custom Vegas Dezert Fab Front Bumper and Rock Sliders,Wet Okole's, WeatherTech Mats, Magnaflow Exhaust, Pro Comp 6 InchStage 2 Lift, K&N Intake,

First things first whats up brother were you at we have been waiting for you to show up to one of the meets! And i want to get some ink done go 6inch i love mine everyone on here hates them o well DO IT!:D

9. Aug 13, 2010 at 8:38 AM
    skunk

skunk what did I miss?

Member:
    First Name:
    Rudi
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD 4x4 (STOLEN)
    YOU WILL BE MISSED Satoshi Grill, FX-R retros, husky liners, bed bolt d-rings, TRD short throw shifter, 2.5 Fox Coil overs, AP UCA's, AP Expo rear leaf with Fox 2.0 shocks, Extended SS brake lines, AP kick-out sliders, 265/75/16 on Konig Countersteers, AllPro Apex front bumper and Zip Ties.
    :D I was sold on the 6" lifts at first but then doing more research it is clear that the way to IMPROVE the Tacoma (ground clearance and parts quality) is to go with a nice 3" LT. upper and lower A arms, sweet coilovers and bomb proof components. They are pricy but you are making the suspension bulletproof. Even if I wasn't a big off-roader I could use the extra travel for jumping curbs! :wink:

10. Aug 13, 2010 at 8:46 AM
    T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S1N C1TY...(from Hilo, HI)...
    Vehicle:
    BSP TRD Off-Road
    APR X-1 | TRD CAI w/Clear Cover | TRD Short Shifter w/ TRD "RED" Shift Knob | SGII w/Blendmount| Snugtop SL w/KeyLess Entry | 5% Tint | Pop-n-Lock | Bosch Icon WB | S2K Antenna | HRM | LS 8K Projectors w/BSP HLM & 8K Fogs w/FLM | Debadged |Tinted Tails | Black Weathertechs | MX RGM & RBM | Optima Red Top 35 | Gatorback Belt |
    maybe for you...but that's not what your mom and GF told me last night...lol

Products Discussed in

To Top