1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Window will only roll down half way!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by bwood_usmc, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Mar 5, 2010 at 12:55 PM
    bwood_usmc

bwood_usmc [OP] Wiskey Tango Foxtrot....

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Clayton Ga / Clemson SC
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma TRD Off Road package
    3" Trux Lift, 285-75-R16 BFG All Terrains, K&N Cold Air Intake
    About a week ago i was getting out of my truck at work. As i was opening my door the wind caught it and blew it open. It did so with such force that it tweeked my door just a hair and bent the ever living piss out of my window track!!!:eek: The door fixed itself after I got pissed and slammed it a couple of times but as for the window.... not so much. I tried bending it back into shape but failed. Im trying to find a new track localy but am not having much luck. I know a dealership would carry them but thats more than an hour out of my way. Anyways i attached a few pic so you all could see the carnage the wind caused to my truck!

SDC11324.jpg

SDC11325.jpg

2. Jun 21, 2019 at 11:43 AM
    timster

timster New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma
    I think I have that same problem. The wind caught the door and tore it out of my hands and bent it back towards the fender. At first the door was sticky, but I worked it back and forth, slammed it a couple of times, and the sticky spot disappeared. Next thing you know, though, the window won’t roll all the way down. It gets about halfway and stops. I took the door panel off and peeled the plastic back to take a look inside. The window track is bent. It looks like the door check stop hit the track and pushed it in. The door check probably got misaligned. The ‘sticky spot’ was the check hitting the window track, and when I slammed the door, it bent the track. How do you replace a window track?

3. Jun 21, 2019 at 11:50 AM
    timster

timster New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma
    I checked out your pictures. That’s what mine looks like, bent about an inch out of line at the halfway point. That’s where the door check hit the track. I see the two bolts that hold the track. Looks like I can undo those bolts and pull the track out and try to find a replacement. Thx

4. Jun 21, 2019 at 12:17 PM
    novataco

novataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    NOLA
    Vehicle:
    06 Sport V6 auto
    Aries bull bar, Lund grill screen, blackened h/l, Weathertech plastic all over, Access LE tonneau, window tint, tube steps, DF-Toy aux adapter, cig plug always on, console vault, hitch step, 1700 watt in-cab inverter and dual battery (in-progress), Delta bike hitch mounts
    It’s happened to me twice in hurricanes. It’s likely the piece between the two hinges, that limits the travel of the door. If it gets bent like mine did it prevents the window from going more than halfway down.

Products Discussed in

To Top