Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Want Rust Protection .... what to get?

Old 03-05-2010, 07:35 PM   #1
Banned
PreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to all
PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Question Want Rust Protection .... what to get?

Are the electronic rust protecter devices any good? Looking for some great, relatively cheap rust protection for the long haul. What should I be looking at? Thanks.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:39 PM   #2
mattcombs is a glorious beacon of lightmattcombs is a glorious beacon of lightmattcombs is a glorious beacon of lightmattcombs is a glorious beacon of lightmattcombs is a glorious beacon of light
Name: matt
mattcombs's Tacoma Gallery
Quick as it gets warm im gona take a drill bruch to my hole frame remove all rust and ruff up the rest of it and paint it flat black then use rubber undercoating to protect and seal it from road salt . Should be an intresting job
Old 03-05-2010, 07:58 PM   #3
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Sealing it is the most proven method... it's fairly easy too just sand down rusted spots and spray it over with your choice material.... from spray paint to rubberized coating, oil... list goes on. The electric jobs seem more like snake oil to me.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:00 PM   #4
Banned
PreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to all
PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
thanks guys. let me provide me info. its a 2010 truck that already has undercoating from the dealer. thanks.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:10 PM   #5
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
If it already has undercoating I wouldn't worry about it to much, just inspect in the spring and before winter (if you live in winter country) for any scraped up parts, rusting coming through, ect and repair as necessary. If you do start finding issues, even if not every 3 years at least I'd probably strip it off, inspect, re-apply. This assumes it isn't warrantied to start with for that...