Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

DDM Tuning H.I.D.'s Question?

Old 03-06-2010, 11:43 AM   #5
bdwsrjoe is a splendid one to beholdbdwsrjoe is a splendid one to beholdbdwsrjoe is a splendid one to beholdbdwsrjoe is a splendid one to beholdbdwsrjoe is a splendid one to beholdbdwsrjoe is a splendid one to beholdbdwsrjoe is a splendid one to behold

Name: Joe
bdwsrjoe's Tacoma Gallery
i just installed 8k headlights & 8k fogs 2 weeks ago and it was very easy. it took me about 45 mins all together, just plug and play.
Old 03-06-2010, 02:28 PM   #8
silverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
silverback's Tacoma Gallery
No mods, the only problem I encountered was the passenger side headlight is a little tight to get the Hid light in due to the window washer container I just unbolted it and moved it around a little. Second the cheap double sided adhesive tape does not work.
You'll have to buy some better adhesive or zip ties. I ran my wires under my black radiator shroud like a fellow TW member mentioned and it keeps it clean. You have to use a screw driver to pry up the middle part of the black tabs then the pop right out. Good choice with the 35w I see some people with the 55w and Its overkill big time. cops seem to love those guys.
Old 03-06-2010, 02:32 PM   #9
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback View Post
No mods, the only problem I encountered was the passenger side headlight is a little tight to get the Hid light in due to the window washer container I just unbolted it and moved it around a little. Second the cheap double sided adhesive tape does not work.
You'll have to buy some better adhesive or zip ties. I ran my wires under my black radiator shroud like a fellow TW member mentioned and it keeps it clean. You have to use a screw driver to pry up the middle part of the black tabs then the pop right out. Good choice with the 35w I see some people with the 55w and Its overkill big time. cops seem to love those guys.

Thanks! I have been pondering the idea of getting them, but was worried there would be too much modification to go back to stock.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:41 PM   #10
rkpalm is on a distinguished road
Name: Lance
rkpalm's Tacoma Gallery
Where did you get the lights?
Old 03-06-2010, 04:51 PM   #11
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkpalm View Post
Where did you get the lights?
http://www.ddmtuning.com/
Old 03-06-2010, 04:52 PM   #12
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
I have 55W 6k in the headlights, 35W 3k in the fogs and than just ordered the 55W 6k for my hellas. The 55W isnt really overkill and i have never been hassled by the cops.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:31 PM   #13
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Which bulb type should I get? Looked at the application guide, the Taco's have a 9003xx bulb, but there isn't one to choose from in the drop down...?
Old 03-06-2010, 07:58 PM   #14
not just a one trick pony
Haze will become famous soon enough
Haze's Tacoma Gallery
look closer the drop down menu shows alternative bulbs as well
Old 03-07-2010, 07:06 AM   #17

Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by linwoodm View Post
What about the Fog lights?
H10 for the fogs