1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

About to buy, need input

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jonese, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Apr 17, 2008 at 4:48 PM
    jonese

jonese [OP] Member

Member:
    Just joined up. I've been looking for a tacoma for about a month now and just stumbled upon the truck I want. 05 access cab, black, trd sport, 52,000 priced just over $20,000. I want to try to get the truck for 17,500 so around 18,500 out the door. I've done a considerable amount of research on what I should offer and know that my offer is a good bit below kbb retail on it. However I've seen trucks very similar to this one go for 17,000. Here's where your input would be much appreciated. Think I can get it any cheaper by starting lower? or do you think I'll be lucky to get it at 17.5. Sorry in advance if a post like this isn't kosher.

2. Apr 17, 2008 at 5:38 PM
    808trdsport

808trdsport Well-Known Member

Member:
    Honolulu
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma TRD Sport Prerunner
    6000k HIDS, double tint in the back and tint front side windows, CGS cat back exhaust, AFE Pro Dry filter
    where did you see this at, private seller or used car lot? Maybe with the private seller you could haggle more for a better price. Over here in Hawaii, there is no way that we can haggle for a toyota truck at a used car lot. Over here toyotas have a real good resale value. before i bought my truck brand new, i went to a couple used car places that had 07 tacos. They would not budge below 20k, and im talking about the bare bones models too. I did the okay never mind and started walking to the door, expecting them to stop me and deal. well they just let me go, and they never called me back too. I seen the truck on the lot for another 3 months until i figure it was sold.

3. Apr 17, 2008 at 6:44 PM
    rick

rick `

Member:
    welcome

Products Discussed in

To Top