Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

About to buy, need input

Old 04-17-2008, 05:48 PM   #1
jonese is on a distinguished road
jonese's Tacoma Gallery
About to buy, need input

Just joined up. I've been looking for a tacoma for about a month now and just stumbled upon the truck I want. 05 access cab, black, trd sport, 52,000 priced just over $20,000. I want to try to get the truck for 17,500 so around 18,500 out the door. I've done a considerable amount of research on what I should offer and know that my offer is a good bit below kbb retail on it. However I've seen trucks very similar to this one go for 17,000. Here's where your input would be much appreciated. Think I can get it any cheaper by starting lower? or do you think I'll be lucky to get it at 17.5. Sorry in advance if a post like this isn't kosher.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:38 PM   #2
808trdsport has a spectacular aura about808trdsport has a spectacular aura about

808trdsport's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonese View Post
Just joined up. I've been looking for a tacoma for about a month now and just stumbled upon the truck I want. 05 access cab, black, trd sport, 52,000 priced just over $20,000. I want to try to get the truck for 17,500 so around 18,500 out the door. I've done a considerable amount of research on what I should offer and know that my offer is a good bit below kbb retail on it. However I've seen trucks very similar to this one go for 17,000. Here's where your input would be much appreciated. Think I can get it any cheaper by starting lower? or do you think I'll be lucky to get it at 17.5. Sorry in advance if a post like this isn't kosher.
where did you see this at, private seller or used car lot? Maybe with the private seller you could haggle more for a better price. Over here in Hawaii, there is no way that we can haggle for a toyota truck at a used car lot. Over here toyotas have a real good resale value. before i bought my truck brand new, i went to a couple used car places that had 07 tacos. They would not budge below 20k, and im talking about the bare bones models too. I did the okay never mind and started walking to the door, expecting them to stop me and deal. well they just let me go, and they never called me back too. I seen the truck on the lot for another 3 months until i figure it was sold.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:44 PM   #3
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
welcome