Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Removing air bag visor stickers?

Old 09-17-2008, 02:14 PM   #21
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I got mine installed again. I ended up using a stiff bristled brush to work in the adhesive remover. It was pretty fuzzy, so I got out my electric razor and cleaned it up. It is still a little fuzzy, but only a critical eye would catch it now.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:25 PM   #22
Okkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to behold

Okkine's Tacoma Gallery
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
I could be wrong, but don't they have to be there legallly
I don't think there are laws requiring you to keep them there, they just have to be there before the truck leaves the manufacturer. They sure do everything they can to prevent you from removing them though
Old 04-10-2010, 01:09 PM   #23
linamustang is on a distinguished road
linamustang's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks all. I had tried taking mine off from a black cloth one by just pulling off. After reading all these.. I took a wet white face cloth that was damp. Laid it over a hot iron and held it over the sticker. Peeled right off - not all in one piece - so repeated the steps till all was off.
The bit of residue that was left I used the same cloth added goo-off to it and rubbed and applied the hot iron covered with the cloth.
Yes, it was hot.. but worked well.
I then went back and fixed the first attempt on the other visor.
Will say my car is only 6 months old - so previous advise to make sure sticker is wet before peeling is probably good.
good luck!
Old 04-11-2010, 01:44 PM   #24
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808trdsport View Post
on my scion we cover it up with a sticker like this. You might want to check out a local decal shop to match the color. http://randode.com/store/product50.html

I did the same thing. I found the sticker extremely distracting when I had the visor down to block the sun.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:24 PM   #25
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
I know I'm new but I'm going to resurrect this thread from the dead since I found it helpful (or not helpful) after doing a google search on this topic the other day...

I took my head liner out so I decided since I already had the sun blockers off I would try to get those (in this case) nasty (in all cases) annoying air bag warning stickers off. After doing a google search and search on this forum I found this thread but it all had negative feedback (basically people saying don't do it) well I had a side already up with adhesive there, so I cut the edge of the label off with a razor and tried taking off the adhesive....

It worked good on my drivers side (tried it on that first) and even better on the passenger side! I used goof off and that worked LIKE A CHARM. I was a little sketched out at first but after seeing how well it worked on .5" square inch part of the sticky under label adhesive I wanted to get rid of it all!!

This is the start of the passenger side (much less adhesive than the drivers side)

Peeling (worked better if you pulled faster rather than slowly peel - don't know why, it just did)

Fully peeled off

Final product

Bad picture but it looks brandy new

Used the Goof Off for the adhesive and the carpet cleaner to get some of the dirt out (1999 truck) and make the label patch color difference less noticeable.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:36 AM   #26
blunt is on a distinguished road
blunt's Tacoma Gallery
That looks excellent. I am going to bite the bullet and try this. It looks so much better sticker-free.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:52 PM   #27
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
I got a can of gray primer at The Home Depot ... took off the visors ... taped off the areas ... hit it with a few coats of paint ... from where I sit I don't even notice ... and neither has anyone else.