1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

be honest. have you ever had any "cargo" fall out of your truck?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by aficianado, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Mar 7, 2010 at 10:21 AM
    00taco

00taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    cali
    Vehicle:
    black 00 tacoma v6
    wheels, tires, sound system, hid headlights, 1st gen fog light mod, tinted tails hella 500s on custom light bar, dust light, led white guages/dash lights, color matched grille, exhuast, blacked bumper and accents....
    ahahahhahahahaaa

i had an antique coke cooler and on the freeway the custom ice box in it launched out at the car behind us and got demolished by a semi...pretty sad

2. Mar 7, 2010 at 10:26 AM
    shawnd2

shawnd2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 TRD Offroad
    I lost my entire bed liner out of my 96 tacoma on a major interstate, noticed it missing when I got to were I was going. Went all the way back home looking for it and never found it. Luckily I didn't see any ambulances on the way back.
    I also lost 50 2x4s which were banded together on a 2 lane highway.
    I also lost a propane tank door on my slide in camper the people followed me and stopped me.
    Just last week I rented a 6 x 12 uhual trailer and it came unhitched! Luckily I was on a small road and the chains were on.

I never really thought about it before, but I should be more careful!

Shawn

3. Mar 7, 2010 at 10:29 AM
    SC4333

SC4333 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Grant
    FL
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 2016 TRD Off-Road 4x4 DCSB
    Nothing other than a couple of beer cans. I always try to keep my cargo tied down and then some. If not for my own sake, it is more so for the safety of others.

4. Mar 7, 2010 at 10:49 AM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    Haven't had anything fly out for me.. I always tie everything down and constantly monitor the rear view/side mirrors. The closest I had was a mattress started working itself free from straps... stopped, tightened it back down, and added a few more (was already 2 to start with). For everything else, I got a Undercover and a bed mat... lol.

5. Mar 7, 2010 at 1:56 PM
    aficianado

aficianado [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    great stories guys! glad we all learned out lessons. i am like spiderman now. i throw so many ratchet straps down on my stuff..nothing moves. i moved a dog kennel full of baby pigs today. even under my capper top, i strapped the little guys down. they were pretty secure.

6. Mar 7, 2010 at 2:03 PM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I had an old desk in the back of my buddy's F-150. I drove around a sharp corner and all of the drawers slid out and into someone's yard! Ended up in several pieces. The guy was out mowing his yard when it happened and we had a good laugh.

7. Mar 7, 2010 at 2:52 PM
    tacomakid96

tacomakid96 Lions Not Sheep

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Out n' about
    Vehicle:
    1996 Tacoma / 2000 4.7 Tundra TRD
    Oh god! last year we loaded up my truck with a quad and all of our hunting stuff and headed to Idaho, about half way there a huge gust of wind hit and sent our tent, propane cans, basically everything we needed for camp out of the bed and smashed down on the road and went everywhere all down the highway. There was big rigs pulling over, cars swirving to the side, it was a mess.... :facepalm:

8. Mar 7, 2010 at 3:06 PM
    judd94

judd94 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Vehicle:
    17 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium
    Mods in Progress
    i've never lost anything. i overstrap.
    i had to dodge a hand carrier once. wasn't fun
    i'm a paramedic, one time a guy lost a piece of equipment on the highway, it bounced and went up throught the windshield of the truck behind him and crushed his right shoulder.
    explains my over strapping

9. Mar 7, 2010 at 3:13 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    Nope. I have a full set (something like 10) of bungee cords and two ratchet straps behind my back seats. Whenever something is coming along in the bed it gets the shit strapped out of it. That's why extra d-rings was on my short list.

I am seriously considering getting some cargo nets to make things easier to deal with.

10. Jun 6, 2010 at 5:51 PM
    75thrangertaco

75thrangertaco Sua Sponte! RLTW

Member:
    First Name:
    charles
    casper wyoming
    procomp 6 inch co lift ,305/55/20 xtreme a/t tires,4.88 gears ,,grill shell painted white billet inserts.Trd cat back ,
    ummm i had a crate of mortar rounds fall out of my hummer when i was a private.. lol

11. Jun 6, 2010 at 6:03 PM
    kinetik873

kinetik873 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Springfield, Va.
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD
    OME 3" lift, ARB bumper,DTRL, CB radio in console, 5lb fire extinguisher in bed. SockMonkey decals, Allpro rear bumper, UWS 42" bed box, Wet Okoles all around, snorkel, Pioneer Av3200, ..yadda yadda yadda
    I had the bedliner fly out of my '03 taco while driving home on leave once, man was I pissed. Luckily the dealer ship fixed my truck and replaced it.

12. Jun 6, 2010 at 6:09 PM
    MxRacer190

MxRacer190 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4x4 Indigo
    Trash can full of trash on the way to the dump. Took like 15 min to pick everything up.

13. Jun 6, 2010 at 6:14 PM
    V-TRAIN

V-TRAIN Well-Known Member

Member:
    N. CACKALACKY
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD SPORT LONG BED
    DEMELLO ROCK CRUSHER SLIDERS, PIAA LIGHTS, TSB 4 LEAF PACK, CBI OFFROAD REAR BUMPER LINEXED, CBI OFFROAD FRONT BUMPER LINEXED, REAR 5100's, 1.5" TSB AAL, ICON EXTENDED TRAVEL COILOVERS @ 3", TOTAL CHAOS UCA's, HELLA MICRO DRIVING LIGHTS, IPOD INTERFACE, THULE ROOF RACK, UWS SLIM LINE BLACK TOOL BOX, 17" BBS RD TRUCK WHEELS, GOODYEAR WRANGLER DURATRAC IN 285/70/17
    just trash from time to time

14. Jun 6, 2010 at 6:21 PM
    floridaoccifer

floridaoccifer Civil Servant

Member:
    After purchasing my last house a few years back I had 2 brand new outdoor chairs exit my vehicle on the interstate at around 80mph. I had them strapped down and tight but didnt notice one of the cams on the strap was not locking :-(

I noticed a blur in my rear view mirror (it was dark already) and watched the headlights of the car behind me go from side to side... I pulled over just in time to see the chairs get smashed by a Jeep Cherokee. The lady stopped and was completely cool about it (luckily the car was old and there was minimal damage so the insurance didnt go up).

Ever since then I triple check the straps before moving... I really liked those chairs too

15. Jun 6, 2010 at 6:35 PM
    Suroit

Suroit Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    New-Brunswick Canada
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD SR5
    Front Susp., Tires & Mags
    Dreamed to Drop My Ex Bitch Girlfriend !!!

16. Jun 6, 2010 at 8:31 PM
    george3

george3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2008 2.7 Manual Trans Tacoma
    Seat belt beeper, Cabelas (Weathertech) floor liner gray, Covercraft Seat Savers in Taupe, Protecta Heavy Duty Rubber Truck Bed Mat, Pop n Lock PL5200, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit, Wolverine oil pan heater, Scangauge2, afe pro dry s filter, Remote Underbody 4 Piece LED Light Kit (White) used as Bed light, DIY Washable Cabin Air Filter, PA15-TOY, 4x4 Illuminated Switch, full synthetic, Redline Tuning Hood Support, Smittybilt Nerf Steps black powder-coated
    I've had some close calls from forgetting to put the tail gate up but have been save by the sticky surface of my Protecta Heavy Duty Rubber Truck Bed Mat. For the guy that always bust my ball about my Protecta Heavy Duty Rubber Truck Bed Mat all I can say is Protecta Heavy Duty Rubber Truck Bed Mat,Protecta Heavy Duty Rubber Truck Bed Mat, Protecta Heavy Duty Rubber Truck Bed Mat.[​IMG] Thanks.[​IMG]

17. Jun 7, 2010 at 5:56 AM
    StandingCow

StandingCow Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4x4 V6 access cab
    Not yet... I am usually anal about tie down straps everywhere. If something fell out and hit another car I would be pretty embarrassed.

18. Jun 7, 2010 at 6:43 AM
    MAXTacoma

MAXTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Lexus GS 350
    I lost a mattress once on interstate 275 in Cincinnati b/c I was being a retard and thought that the weight of the stuff on top of it would hold it in the trailer. NOPE, I was wrong. It was a brand new mattress I had only for about 2 months. A semi behind me ran it over. It was trashed afterwards. On a positive note, I was on my way to the lake on some 2 lane country road when I came around a bend and saw a cooler in perfect condition sitting in the middle of the road. I figured I'd get out a retrieve it. When I got there it was filled with Bud Light and ice. I mean there were probably 2 cases of beer. I started looking at the cooler and there wasn't a scratch on it. It looks like someone specifically placed it there for me to get. :woot: Let’s just saw it made the day at the lake that much better!

19. Jun 7, 2010 at 6:46 AM
    NraFan

NraFan Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2011 Sienna LE, rockin the mini van!
    Power sliding doors baby! WooHoo!
    Years ago I was driving a stake bed truck with a pallet of 1/2 x 2' x 3' rubber roof mats. I happened to notice something in my rear view mirror. Turns out they were just peeling off the truck on the freeway. Lost about 4 of them. Woops.

20. Jun 7, 2010 at 7:40 AM
    ClemsonTacoma

ClemsonTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Lexington, SC
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Pioneer DEH-P5100UB single din HU and black dash kit, Alpine 12" sub custom inverted box bed liner'd, various interior trim painted black, 48 blue LED domelight, cheepo floor mats, hose clamp mod, Cobra CB and knock off firestik, Stock steelie rims, with 265/75/16 Sumitomo HTR Sport A/T's
    Moving my sister out of her appt, and nothing came out! 300 miles of driving 80+
    [​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top