Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Getting the rear TSB

Old 03-06-2010, 08:04 PM   #1
Fed Taco will become famous soon enough

Name: Cale
Fed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Question Getting the rear TSB

So I took my truck into Fremont Toyota to get the TSB, first i called and they said they never heard of the rear TSB. But I brought it down w/ print-out from this site. They said they would order the parts and give me a call when they get in to take care of it. Well i'm pretty happy, they didn't give me any problems or anything.

Well i have a question, I don't have anything done to the front, should i get the 5100's for the front? Will it look funny if I don't? I don't really have the extra $$ right now. Should I put them on my credit card and ask the dealer to put them in when they're doing the TSB?

Thanks for any opinions and suggestions.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:17 PM   #2

Ok, it doesn't raise it that much anyway right? I guess i can wait a few months. Thanks.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:33 PM   #3

I only have an SR5 so I don't think I have billy's up front.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:03 PM   #4
DeathBound is a name known to allDeathBound is a name known to allDeathBound is a name known to allDeathBound is a name known to allDeathBound is a name known to allDeathBound is a name known to all

Army: Aviation
Name: Jay
DeathBound's Tacoma Gallery
If I read it right, not for a '09 or '10.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:32 PM   #5

Yeah it said something about shocks, So I get the TRD Suspension then. SWEET!!
I wish they'd put the e-lockers in too. But I guess I should have just bought that to begin with if I wanted that. Oh well, Thanks for the help.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:14 PM   #6
Unsuspectingly striking from above
BirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Greg
BirdTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathBound View Post
If I read it right, not for a '09 or '10.
It has been either updated or rewritten to include the new models. Search it, it's been discussed and posted somewhere on this site. They did it on my '09 before the new TSB came out.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:15 PM   #7
He is The STig
mick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bott
mick478's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
thats what it says to me.............ur welcome, just make sure to inspect their work b4 u drive off the lot.
on one of my leaf spring shackles were installed backwards. i have an 09, and they did not do the shock, waiting for an update for 09 to include shocks so i can take it back and get the billies
anyone with the link please post
Old 03-07-2010, 01:02 AM   #8
bryson27 is on a distinguished road
bryson27's Tacoma Gallery
what is the price on getting the tbs done ?

Wonderig the cost of getting the tbs done to your truck?
Old 03-07-2010, 01:12 AM   #9
Mondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryson27 View Post
Welcome to TW

Nothing it should be Free. I just had mine done and they charged me 100 because i had a spacer lift on it. But they said that if it was stock then it would have been free
Old 03-07-2010, 09:23 AM   #10
He is The STig
mick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bott
mick478's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondwa View Post
Welcome to TW

Nothing it should be Free. I just had mine done and they charged me 100 because i had a spacer lift on it. But they said that if it was stock then it would have been free

BULL SHIT!!! i had a spacer lift on mine, they just didnt reinstall it. BUT, they didnt install the shocks, so that could be a factor.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:51 AM   #11
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flightcancled's Tacoma Gallery
Crap its only good to 36k WTF! That is BS! I have both the 60K and the 100K warranties, they better cover it!
Old 03-07-2010, 10:06 AM   #12
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
on one of my leaf spring shackles were installed backwards. i have an 09, and they did not do the shock, waiting for an update for 09 to include shocks so i can take it back and get the billies
anyone with the link please post
The revised TSB does not include a shock upgrade on '09 and '10 model years. The stock Tokicos are considered upgraded compared to the OEM shocks that came on the '05-'08 non-TRD model trucks. You will not get Bilsteins for your '09 per this TSB.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:12 AM   #13
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Welcome to TW. A Technical Service Bulletin or TSB for short is sent out from the Manufacturer to dealer service departments to help with the correction to a common issue that has developed due to design, supply, manufacturing issues, etc. Us common folk that have the ability to track down these TSBs have used them for our benefit to get issues corrected that may or may not come up in everyday use but also may arise after the warranty period has expired.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:19 AM   #14
Rocktaco is on a distinguished road
Air Force: 5th Combat Comm.
Rocktaco's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.scribd.com/doc/24843432/T...08-PDF-Revised

All right guys and gals here is rev. 2 of the TSB. 09-10 get new leafs but no new shocks. Apparently we already have the updated shocks. There are alot of posts about this subject.

There have been people that have gotten the TSB done after the 36K warrenty. Call toyo cust service and tell them how unsafe you feel or call the dealer and tell them the same. Research the posts the other members have come up with some pretty good excuses.

The leaf springs themselves cost about $600.00.

I just got mine done and got it back on Friday. It's worth the effort to try and get it done. My 09 was hitting the bumper stops with no weight in it.

That's ridiculous!!!!
Old 03-08-2010, 10:50 AM   #15
DeathBound is a name known to allDeathBound is a name known to allDeathBound is a name known to allDeathBound is a name known to allDeathBound is a name known to allDeathBound is a name known to all

Army: Aviation
Name: Jay
DeathBound's Tacoma Gallery
I just had mine done this morning. Took them 3 hrs. They replaced all 4 shocks and the leaf springs. I have a '10 SR5 4x4. Very happy with Estabrook Toyota!

BTW, it only raised my rear 3/4", not really noticeable, but you can feel the difference for sure. It now rides like a truck should.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:58 PM   #16
bgsergei14 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
bgsergei14's Tacoma Gallery
Who was your service writer at Fremont Toyota. I took mine in today, and the dude told me to bring it back with a load. You were pretty lucky to get it so easily.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:11 PM   #17
2010 double cab TRD Sport
El Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shed

El Tano's Tacoma Gallery
I don't understand why the TSB is dated september 08 and includes the 2009 and 2010 models.. WTF ??? once the bulletin came out, they didn't correct it on the models that they were going to build ???
Old 08-13-2010, 06:45 PM   #18
Negative Ghostrider
bnavin is on a distinguished road
Name: Ben
bnavin's Tacoma Gallery
If I'm out of the factory warranty but have the extended warranty can i still get this?
Old 08-13-2010, 08:48 PM   #19
fortyniner is on a distinguished road
fortyniner's Tacoma Gallery
I just recently bought a 2008 tacoma (from a dealer) and this is the roughest riding truck I have ever owned and it's my third tacoma. Is there any way to tell if my truck has had the suspension update done. It only has 11,000 miles on it but I'm afraid if I go to the dealer and explain my problem they will tell me it has already been done.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:42 AM   #20
KodiakVA is on a distinguished road
KodiakVA's Tacoma Gallery
I just recently bought a 2008 tacoma (from a dealer) and this is the roughest riding truck I have ever owned and it's my third tacoma. Is there any way to tell if my truck has had the suspension update done.

Take a look at the leaf springs. If it has 3 plates it is the old one. If the spring has 4 plates they are the new TSB ones.

I don't understand why the TSB is dated september 08 and includes the 2009 and 2010 models.. WTF ??? once the bulletin came out, they didn't correct it on the models that they were going to build ???

If you look at the Rev date you will see that Rev 2, which included the 2009 and 2010 models, came out Jan 4, 2010.