Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2010 DC 4x4 V6 questions

Old 03-07-2010, 11:07 AM   #1
ben26416 is on a distinguished road
ben26416's Tacoma Gallery
2010 DC 4x4 V6 questions

I test drove a dc 4x4 v6 auto the other day and was surprised at the amount of engine noise. Is this common? The only way that I can describe it is alot of clicking and clacking while cruising along at 2k rpm.... Just curious, I have never driven one with the v6. I am now waiting on them to get a mt in so I can drive it and decide which one to buy. Also the sales manager said they were selling them at sticker price because no more tacomas will be made until after july 1st...Has anyone else heard this?
Old 03-07-2010, 11:15 AM   #2
DeathBound is a name known to allDeathBound is a name known to allDeathBound is a name known to allDeathBound is a name known to allDeathBound is a name known to allDeathBound is a name known to all

Army: Aviation
Name: Jay
DeathBound's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like you are getting the runaround. The engine makes a little noise, but shouldn't be too noticeable. Get pre-approved from a credit union or bank, like having cash in hand. They will deal with you a little better then. Note this, they don't come off the price of a Tacoma very much. They pretty much sell themselves. Never pay sticker.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:19 AM   #3
ben26416 is on a distinguished road
ben26416's Tacoma Gallery
I kind of thought that the noise was normal, but I figured it wouldnt hurt to ask. Also, I have bought two new reg cabs from the same guy in the past 3-4 years and he has always taken at least $1000 of the sticker without me even asking.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:33 AM   #4
www.BeLikeBrit.org
fletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
fletch aka's Tacoma Gallery
The V6 is a little on the noisy side. Some of the V6‘s have a very distinct ticking sound, Toyota has deemed this normal. There have been numerous threads on how to help reduce the ticking, none seem to help much. Also, there is no engine compartment insulation of any kind and it seems to amplify an already noisy engine.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...e-one-fix.html
Old 03-07-2010, 12:42 PM   #5
jonboy is on a distinguished road
jonboy's Tacoma Gallery
over $2,000 off Sticker

I just ordered a 2010 DC with trd off road package w/JBl and added leather. Tax, Tags everything $31,720 Listed for $33,645.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:16 PM   #6
Another Toyota Enthusiast
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
toyo freak's Tacoma Gallery
Just got my 2010 tacoma DCAB 4x4 SR5 v6 non trd. Love it, engine noise is a little loud, but after 1,000 miles I got used to it. Great Truck
Old 03-07-2010, 07:00 PM   #7
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyo freak View Post
Just got my 2010 tacoma DCAB 4x4 SR5 v6 non trd. Love it, engine noise is a little loud, but after 1,000 miles I got used to it. Great Truck
Ditto, its a truck
Old 03-08-2010, 10:58 AM   #8
PineBarrenTaco has a spectacular aura aboutPineBarrenTaco has a spectacular aura aboutPineBarrenTaco has a spectacular aura about

PineBarrenTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmer View Post
get the dealer cost info from consumer reports and use internet or "Fleet" sales.

tell them you want it 2000 under Dealer cost and no add ons. NONE. be willing to make a no BS purchase. You may want to purchase a extended warrantee but use this as bait.

I got my 08 2K under 07 dealer cost and swapped in a Platinum warrantee.

I put down interest cost contract cost warrantee cost I baited them w/ a cash deal untill they lowered my interest to 3.9. from 6.75 beleive me they want to rent you money.

shop around as you will probably be paying destination fee somehow anyway.

Ive bought 4 cars like this always in the fall and every time got it under dealer including an extended warrantee.

I got a friend who is in intenet sales and he told me "Tim I will never sell you a car" OF course that was when I went to pick up a new 27" HD TV I had just won from the dealership he works at.

oh yeah if it has miles on it charge them $100 a mile. there is absolutly no reason for your new truck to have over 7 miles on it when you leave the lot. if it has over 20 consider it a demonstration model or Used.
Great advise. I'm shopping around now too. Was looking for a used Taco with a manual tranny and TRD off-road package in sliver or white which ended up being impossible to find. So I've opted to buy a new 2010. Headed to a dealership to check them out and talk to sales.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:02 PM   #9
superminsoo is on a distinguished road

superminsoo's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to superminsoo
Quote:

oh yeah if it has miles on it charge them $100 a mile. there is absolutly no reason for your new truck to have over 7 miles on it when you leave the lot. if it has over 20 consider it a demonstration model or Used.
Great info. Can you explain the 7 miles thing?

edit: why 7?
Old 03-08-2010, 04:43 PM   #10
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFGator View Post
I went to the dealership yesterday with my brother in law. It is the same dealership I bought my 2010 last Nov. Bottom line I was able to get mine for about 3k under sticker and they offered him about 2.2k under sticker. Mine was more expensive so it works out at about the same % wise. Also I asked for and will be getting a referral fee, otherwise I said I'll bring him elsewhere. You just have to be a bit of an asshole when dealing with assholes.
Referral fee? never heard of any car dealers giving those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superminsoo View Post
Great info. Can you explain the 7 miles thing?

edit: why 7?
Mine had 11 miles on it
Old 03-08-2010, 04:46 PM   #11
DeathBound is a name known to allDeathBound is a name known to allDeathBound is a name known to allDeathBound is a name known to allDeathBound is a name known to allDeathBound is a name known to all

Army: Aviation
Name: Jay
DeathBound's Tacoma Gallery
Referral fee's are common. Usually only $50, better than nothing.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:52 PM   #12
NWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NWtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
i like the sound of the v6. sounds MEAN.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:59 PM   #13
lazaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedlazaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedlazaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedlazaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedlazaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedlazaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedlazaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedlazaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedlazaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedlazaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedlazaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garry
lazaro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
get the dealer cost info from consumer reports and use internet or "Fleet" sales.

tell them you want it 2000 under Dealer cost and no add ons. NONE. be willing to make a no BS purchase. You may want to purchase a extended warrantee but use this as bait.

I got my 08 2K under 07 dealer cost and swapped in a Platinum warrantee.

I put down interest cost contract cost warrantee cost I baited them w/ a cash deal untill they lowered my interest to 3.9. from 6.75 beleive me they want to rent you money.

shop around as you will probably be paying destination fee somehow anyway.

Ive bought 4 cars like this always in the fall and every time got it under dealer including an extended warrantee.

I got a friend who is in intenet sales and he told me "Tim I will never sell you a car" OF course that was when I went to pick up a new 27" HD TV I had just won from the dealership he works at.

Hi Timmer, this unusual above 20 mileages in the new trucks got me wondering too. How come some of them have this much miles? I know some trucks will be driven by potential buyers but selling a truck with 140 miles on it and calling it "NEW"?? Come on now.

So is that the accepted norm? Anything above 20 miles is very much well, used?