Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Protection film?

Old 03-07-2010, 06:47 PM   #1
NC Coast is a name known to allNC Coast is a name known to allNC Coast is a name known to allNC Coast is a name known to allNC Coast is a name known to allNC Coast is a name known to all
Army: 1st Air Cav - 18 Months VietNam
Name: Bill
NC Coast's Tacoma Gallery
Protection film?

New 2010 Tacoma Access Cab - it"s a street truck for everyday use, towing a 2000 lb boat, hauling sea kayaks, canoes, bicycle - nothing heavy duty or off road so it's a 2 wheel drive. I will try to keep it clean. I saw some "protection film" on a website. It goes on the front bumper and other areas of the front of the truck to protect the paint. Anyone ever (1) install a product like this, (2) have any opinion of or experience with these products. 3M is one of the manufacturers of such products and they usually put out a quality product. Thx.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:49 PM   #2
DieselTech is a jewel in the roughDieselTech is a jewel in the roughDieselTech is a jewel in the roughDieselTech is a jewel in the rough

Name: Jeremy
DieselTech's Tacoma Gallery
Are you talking about the adhesive one?
A friend of mine put that (or something similar) on his 2002 taco when he got it new, he recently took it off and there is a noticeable "tan line" per say.
But on the flip-side he has no rock chips, or scratches.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:55 PM   #3
saf023 is just really nicesaf023 is just really nicesaf023 is just really nicesaf023 is just really nice
Marines:
saf023's Tacoma Gallery
Have the 3M film on my Corvette. Looks and works great. Never thought about it for my Tacoma.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:06 PM   #4
Project.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Project.paradigm's Tacoma Gallery
My girlfriend has it on her Kia Soul. It has saved us from a lot of rock chips. We had it put on by a shop that specializes in it. This way it came with a warranty for pealing, yellowing, etc. I plan on using it on any new vehicle i buy.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:31 PM   #5
MassTaco has a spectacular aura aboutMassTaco has a spectacular aura about

MassTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I put it on a Jett I owned a couple of years ago. It worked well but was a total PITA to install. The next car I bought after that i had the dealer intall it. Both were 3M clearmask.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:43 PM   #6
WESTern Alliance: NORCAL COAST
BeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BeefTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I do not know if Toyota offers it for the Tacoma but check it out.

http://www.toyotaasg.com/docs/PaintP...L%203-3-09.pdf
Old 03-11-2010, 03:14 PM   #7
HeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant future

Name: Jacob
HeadlampRevamp's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a dealer for Xpel headlight and paint protection film. Its good stuff, does an excellent job of protecting the paint from rocks and other road debris. It can be tricky to install but there are products to help with with process. There are kits to protect your rocker panel as well. I've put it all over my truck. Let me know if you're interested in some.