Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How to Debadge/ Rebadge

Old 07-24-2012, 04:11 PM   #21
TyTacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Ty
TyTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Took mine off today just took dental floss and was really easy.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:13 PM   #22
Tioloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTioloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTioloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTioloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTioloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTioloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTioloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTioloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTioloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTioloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTioloco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Richard
Tioloco's Tacoma Gallery
Removed all but the Prerunner V6 emblem on the tailgate, which I derped... not sure about removing it or not... it's not so offensive in black.

25# test fishing line for the badges, about 10 min ea. Decals just peeled off, no problem. Thanks for this thread!
Old 07-25-2012, 10:17 AM   #23
Speak English..it's America
testedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 11B
Name: Rick
testedone's Tacoma Gallery
Where did you buy the black Tacoma stickers ?
Old 08-10-2012, 12:32 PM   #24
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I think it's finally time to do this...
Old 08-10-2012, 12:36 PM   #25
WARR4NT is on a distinguished road
WARR4NT's Tacoma Gallery
Nice write up, might give this a try
Old 08-10-2012, 03:26 PM   #26
TruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TruckyTruck's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the write up... i took all mine off monday and painted them. instead of using gloss clear coat i used matte clear coat. love it!
Old 08-11-2012, 08:10 AM   #27
FLYNN LIVES!
7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Helicopter Armament Mechanic
7A7ER's Tacoma Gallery
Talking The emblems came from...

Quote:
Originally Posted by judd94 View Post
This How To includes debadging the chrome badges, TRD stickers, and optional rebadging using Sockmonkeys awesome emblems. All Hail Sockmonkey!
Sockmonkey is the goto guy for emblems!
Old 09-09-2012, 10:32 AM   #28
Wren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
Wren's Tacoma Gallery
I may be doing this soon so I want this in a spot to where I can get to it easily.
So I'm Subscribing.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:36 AM   #29
Jet Fixer
Jet Fixer is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Aircraft Electrician
Name: Kyle
Jet Fixer's Tacoma Gallery
the heat has to make a huge difference!!! I spent 2 hours debadging the tailgate. =( Damn you England! I will post pictures soon!
Old 01-06-2013, 12:00 AM   #30
>:3
Sawyercomesclean is on a distinguished road

Name: Zell
Sawyercomesclean's Tacoma Gallery
For RE-badging... I have some "3M plastic emblem and trim adhesive". Is this stuff good or should I find some kind of double sided automotive tape?
Old 01-06-2013, 12:39 AM   #31
:D
Jux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Jux's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyercomesclean View Post
For RE-badging... I have some "3M plastic emblem and trim adhesive". Is this stuff good or should I find some kind of double sided automotive tape?
The 3M stuff works well from what I've read.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:30 AM   #32
Truck Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruck Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruck Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruck Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruck Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruck Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruck Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruck Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruck Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruck Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruck Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamisyn
Truck Girl's Tacoma Gallery
Just Debadged mine last night after reading this! Used the 3m adhesive remover and polished it after. Really happy with the results!

How to Debadge/ Rebadge-imag0360.jpg

How to Debadge/ Rebadge-imag0362.jpg
Old 05-21-2013, 09:37 AM   #33
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck Girl View Post
Just Debadged mine last night after reading this! Used the 3m adhesive remover and polished it after. Really happy with the results!

Attachment 213755

Attachment 213756
Nice and clean!
Old 06-23-2013, 05:47 PM   #34
Zarny is on a distinguished road

Name: Prem
Zarny's Tacoma Gallery
I used fishing line #8 to remove my badges. Line broke a few times, but that's all I got. Took me about 5 min for each badge.
Painted black with Krylon paint and finished with Krylon Clear satin. Might re-badge soon.

p.s. If I rebadge I have this:
http://www.3m.com/product/informatio...ting-Tape.html

Is it good enough?
Old 07-17-2013, 09:27 AM   #35
rckstr is on a distinguished road
rckstr's Tacoma Gallery
What about doing this on a black 2004? Think it would still show where the letters were due to fading? Wonder how difficult the TRD sticker would be?
Old 07-17-2013, 09:43 AM   #36
DR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
DR007's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstr View Post
What about doing this on a black 2004? Think it would still show where the letters were due to fading? Wonder how difficult the TRD sticker would be?
I didn't notice fading on my 06 but I had some rust outlines where the paint was eaten away. A lot of buffing later and you can hardly tell and it never stays clean anyway.
This was after I got most of the glue off but before I buffed it
Old 07-17-2013, 11:06 AM   #37
rckstr is on a distinguished road
rckstr's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks DR. Im gonna work on mine when I get off. Did you take the TRD sticker off as well?