Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Making an SR5 or TRD OR look like a TRD Sport?

Old 03-07-2010, 11:43 PM   #1
acmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
acmair's Tacoma Gallery
Making an SR5 or TRD OR look like a TRD Sport?

Have any of you painted your rear bumper, grille surround, and added a hoodscoop to make your sr5 or trd off road look like a sport? I'm looking to get an off-road, because I like the locker, but the looks of the sport are amazing. Anyone put together the best of both trucks?

If you have, please post pics!!
Old 03-07-2010, 11:49 PM   #3
acmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shed

acmair's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Brown View Post
There's a ton of people that have done this. check out the build threads
I have been most of the build threads don't do all three, rather just paint the grille surround, or just add a hood scoop. Haven't come across any painted rear bumpers, but I might have missed it. I'm sure a lot of you have done it too.

Old 03-07-2010, 11:56 PM   #6
tmat has a spectacular aura abouttmat has a spectacular aura abouttmat has a spectacular aura about

Name: Treavor
tmat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. Brown View Post
so you want pictures of truck's that look exactly like the sport, to see how it looks?
haha!
Old 03-07-2010, 11:56 PM   #7

acmair's Tacoma Gallery
Wow when you put it that way.....i feel REALLY stupid. ok, i'm deleting this thread.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:59 PM   #8

acmair's Tacoma Gallery
mr brown, how'd you find color matched paint? What brand did you use?
Old 03-08-2010, 06:23 AM   #10
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
On my SR5, I:

o bought a color matched grill, then resold the original ($200-$100)
o bought color matched door handles, resold original ($160-$60)
o bought unpainted bumper, had it painted to match, resold original ($180+$100-$220).

I didn't change the hood as I'm not all that into the faux scoop thing, and I was going to get the mirror housings painted also, but decided that I'm fine with the black mirrors now that the other stuff is done.

Oh yeah, I recently found a deal on the smoked headlights, so that has been done also.

If you trust your painting skills you can buy color matched paint from automotivetouchup.com. I've seen too many bad paint jobs (long term) trying to cover up chrome, so I didn't consider that as an option.