Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

bhlm help!!

Old 03-08-2010, 04:47 PM   #1
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
bhlm help!!

i cant get the headlights off the truck. i took off three bolts and when i pull on the headlight it doesnt seem to come out.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:51 PM   #2
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
oh boy? i cant remember how many bolts there were? I ended up taking the whole front bumper off of mine to get the headlights off! good luck
Old 03-08-2010, 04:52 PM   #3
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
oh god i dont wanna have to do that
Old 03-08-2010, 04:54 PM   #4
Sleeper 4x4
Super Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Super Werty's Tacoma Gallery
There is a 4th bolt.

10 mm

It's inside the fender. Feel up in there with your hand...you wont be able to see it but you can feel it. And you will feel two bolts...the one on top is the one you want to unbolt
Old 03-08-2010, 04:54 PM   #5
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

you shouldnt have too! there is one bolt that you will have to get on your back and reach up behind the front bumper cover to get. its a pain in the ass!
Old 03-08-2010, 04:55 PM   #6
Dirty Trucker

WHOA! Super Werty blessed us with his presence! ...Star struck!
Old 03-08-2010, 06:05 PM   #7
ok i got the headlights out. how do i remove the main light in the assembly?
Old 03-08-2010, 06:09 PM   #8
Sleeper 4x4
Super Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkrider101 View Post
ok i got the headlights out. how do i remove the main light in the assembly?
the headlight bulb?

There is this bent wire that you lift and kinda twist...the wire should stay attached to the plastic headlight and the bulb will come out..

play with it, be gentle...dont break it
Old 03-08-2010, 06:13 PM   #9
yes the one on the middle
Old 03-08-2010, 06:56 PM   #10
now i need to go buy a torxe bit for the three bolts on the headlight... what number torxe bit is it?
Old 03-08-2010, 07:01 PM   #11
Dirty Trucker

Just a sec and i'll tell you
Old 03-08-2010, 07:02 PM   #12
ok cool thanks... im about to go to the hardware store
Old 03-08-2010, 07:06 PM   #13
Dirty Trucker

says T15 on my craftsman set
Old 03-08-2010, 07:11 PM   #14
is that the size
Old 03-08-2010, 07:15 PM   #15
Dirty Trucker

Shit i dont really know? just says t15 m?
Old 03-08-2010, 07:17 PM   #16
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't have a torque bit the first time i took them apart... used a flat bladed screw driver. Take one of the screws out and take that to the store to find the right size screw driver.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:39 PM   #17
ok i got it it was a t 10 do i put the headlight in lens up or lense down?
Old 03-08-2010, 08:03 PM   #18
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
lens up is what I did. Don't want to risk scuffing the lens. Make sure you put it on some cardboard
Old 03-08-2010, 08:07 PM   #19
i tried it and i could not pull the lense off.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:27 PM   #20
Sleeper 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkrider101 View Post
i tried it and i could not pull the lense off.
what baking instructions did you follow?

heat up the oven to 300*F

turn off the oven

put the headlight in the oven for 10 min....make sure the oven is OFF

after ten min pull the headlight out...wear gloves

pull it apart....its still going to be really tuff to tear apart, but it will happen after you struggle with it