Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Poll: OEM step bars vs. NFab???

View Poll Results: OEM step bars or Black NFabs?
OEM step bars 11 13.25%
Black NFabs step bars 72 86.75%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-08-2010, 06:16 PM   #1
AKA "06tacosport"
Lunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beth
Lunercrab's Tacoma Gallery
Poll: OEM step bars vs. NFab???

Ok so i used to have these OEM step bars on my silver 06, and i kept them and threw them onto my timberline 2010, but i'm not sure if i like them or not...i'm thinking of going with black NFabs....what do you guys think? forgot to add i'm most likely going to be blacking out my badges as well...u think it would look too much if i were to do the badges gunmetal to match the fj rims?

here is what it looked like stock....

and here is what it looks like now (so far)...

Old 03-08-2010, 06:17 PM   #2
NWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NWtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
id go with black n fabs
Old 03-08-2010, 07:21 PM   #3
NWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NWtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
btw, that wheel tire upgrade you got there makes your truck look totally different. in a good way!
Old 03-08-2010, 07:31 PM   #4
DeathBound is a name known to allDeathBound is a name known to allDeathBound is a name known to allDeathBound is a name known to allDeathBound is a name known to allDeathBound is a name known to all

Army: Aviation
Name: Jay
DeathBound's Tacoma Gallery
Question is....what do you like? Why does it matter what people you don't know likes?
Old 03-08-2010, 08:04 PM   #7
TREY4x4 is just really niceTREY4x4 is just really niceTREY4x4 is just really niceTREY4x4 is just really niceTREY4x4 is just really nice
Name: Trey
TREY4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdwsrjoe View Post
Go with N-Fabs. Dont order them from 4wheelparts.com, they take forever to ship!
I really like my N-Fabs

4wheelparts.com has a local store that I called on a Friday. They were shipped to the store and ready to be picked up on Monday. I could of had them dropped shipped to my house for an extra $30.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:07 PM   #8
bdwsrjoe is a splendid one to beholdbdwsrjoe is a splendid one to beholdbdwsrjoe is a splendid one to beholdbdwsrjoe is a splendid one to beholdbdwsrjoe is a splendid one to beholdbdwsrjoe is a splendid one to beholdbdwsrjoe is a splendid one to behold

Name: Joe
bdwsrjoe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREY4x4 View Post
I really like my N-Fabs

4wheelparts.com has a local store that I called on a Friday. They were shipped to the store and ready to be picked up on Monday. I could of had them dropped shipped to my house for an extra $30.
Must be nice! It's been over 2 weeks since i ordered mine and im still waiting........
Old 03-08-2010, 08:54 PM   #9
AKA "06tacosport"
Lunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWtacoma View Post
btw, that wheel tire upgrade you got there makes your truck look totally different. in a good way!
thanks i think it looks sooo much better this way....i'm thinkin' the NFabs would seal the deal...

hey r the NFabs any good at protecting from say stupid people hitting the truck with their doors in lots and stuff?
Old 03-08-2010, 09:50 PM   #10
San Antonio Detailer :)
Anthony will become famous soon enough
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Anthony
id like to see more pics of nfabs. i have a set for my access cab in the garage but not sure if i want to install them or sell them since i dont really plan on lifting mine at all.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:34 AM   #12
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by smuggiesrider View Post
N fabs
X2 N fabs looks awesome!
Old 03-09-2010, 10:31 AM   #13
Airwolf NSX is on a distinguished road

Airwolf NSX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-TRAIN View Post
mine are go rhino i had them linexed
post more photos of them being LINE-X'ed!!! Looks pretty bad ass!
Old 03-09-2010, 03:58 PM   #14
AKA "06tacosport"

so i'm thinking i'm gunna go with the NFabs....where did you guys get yours? i've found them at truckaddons is this the correct item i need?

N-Fab Nerf Steps, 05-09 2" main tube Tacoma Crew Cab (C cab) 4 full Doors 5'/6' $319.95 ea.

so it would come to like 399.99 shipped is that decent? now will the 2009 still fit the 2010? and also what finish did you guys get, they say they come gloss black powder coat, is that really glossy? thanks guys....
Old 03-10-2010, 08:36 PM   #15
AKA "06tacosport"

thanks for your help guys....i pulled the trigger on the nfabs....someone suggested streetsideauto.com to buy them today and it just so happened that i got a 10% discount code from them in an email today (must have been fate ) anyways so all in all (though i had to pay tax) they it came to like 314 shipped total....seriously though even without the discount 329 with free shipping ain't bad...plus there is 10 off purchase over 150.00....i'll post pics when i get em' on....
Old 03-16-2010, 07:05 PM   #16
Banned
PreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to all
PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
i wonder what they look like on a regular cab. those access and double cabs look so stupid, like bloated turds.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:45 PM   #17
TRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to behold

TRDsport253's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06tacosport View Post
Ok so i used to have these OEM step bars on my silver 06, and i kept them and threw them onto my timberline 2010, but i'm not sure if i like them or not...i'm thinking of going with black NFabs....what do you guys think? forgot to add i'm most likely going to be blacking out my badges as well...u think it would look too much if i were to do the badges gunmetal to match the fj rims?

here is what it looked like stock....

and here is what it looks like now (so far)...

Your truck looks very good. I would go gunmetal badges and black tube or running boards. By the way your truck looks really good I like it a lot. What size tire do you have on there? Also is it lifted or not?
Old 03-16-2010, 11:48 PM   #18
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
N-fabs , I love mine , black would look great on your truck ,

OZ
Old 03-17-2010, 06:41 AM   #19
V-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

V-TRAIN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreRunner View Post
i wonder what they look like on a regular cab. those access and double cabs look so stupid, like bloated turds.
i bought a double cab b/c i needed one, kind of tough to get a car seat
in a regular cab, or much else for that matter. i can't imagine having one on a long trip in a rain storm. i have a family and need the room.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:33 AM   #20
AKA "06tacosport"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDsport253 View Post
Your truck looks very good. I would go gunmetal badges and black tube or running boards. By the way your truck looks really good I like it a lot. What size tire do you have on there? Also is it lifted or not?
thanks for the comments. Well as of now no lift yet. That's one of my final projects mostly because I can't decide if I wanna go 5100s again or an OME this time around. The tires are actually 265/75/16. I think the fj crusier rims make the tires look alot mor agressive size wise then they r to me at least. Btw I got the nfabs on so I'll post some pics after I was it today. I love the look of em but Im not sure I'm in love with their functionality yet.