1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Can I add transmission fluid?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by RDAY, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Mar 9, 2010 at 4:30 PM
    Fortech

Fortech Well-Known Member

Member:
    CANADA
    Vehicle:
    2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
    Bilstein 5100's, rear TSB, Firestone bags
    That may have been what they told you, but I don't believe for a moment that they actually did it that way. To add from the overflow plug on the bottom on the ATF pan is just plain silly when there is a proper fill plug located just above it. It would make such a bigger mess, take longer, and not be as accurate without ALLOT of fuss by doing it they way they describe. Maybe someone mixed up the names of the plugs or something, but I can't see any competent tech performing a fluid top off in this manner when the correct way is cleaner, simpler, quicker, and more accurate.

bijick likes this.
  2. Mar 9, 2010 at 4:31 PM
    dog tired

dog tired Well-Known Member

Member:
    NE Ohio
    True

3. Mar 9, 2010 at 4:49 PM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    damn, i'm sure the guy feels bad enough without you chiming in with all your negativity. (didnt you just post up a "stop the whining" thread?)

it this happened to me, i would take it to the dealership...my confidence would be rattled. the guy that owned my tacoma last hit the oil pan with red paint. in a hurry, i could see the mistake happening easy.

4. Mar 9, 2010 at 4:59 PM
    1TUFFTRD

1TUFFTRD WTF

Member:
    out and about building powerlines
    Vehicle:
    06 AC with a skewp
    06 With a Skewp.
    thank you:cool:

5. Mar 9, 2010 at 5:36 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.

Being the ever so important word. But I did witness them fill it from here.

6. Mar 9, 2010 at 5:36 PM
    blazze2005

blazze2005 Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Pre-Runner Sport
    Fuel Off-Road Octane Wheels,Yokohama Geolander ATS 265/65/17.Grillcraft,Borla Exhaust,Truxedo Lo Pro Tonneau Cover,Pop n Lock Tailgate Security,Custom Wet Okle TRD Seat Covers,Catch-All Matts,Gatorback Belt,Shorty Antenna,Toyota Bed Matt,Sirius Radio,Vent Sades,20% Lumar Window Tint
    sorry to hi-jack your thread but was looking for the thread for reading the trans temp through the metal transmission pan with an infra-red thermometer

Anybody know the difference in degrees when using the infra-red thermometer method?

I though it was about 15 degrees difference but I can't find that thread

Thanks for any info...

Products Discussed in

To Top