Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Door lock for passenger door?

Old 03-10-2010, 10:36 PM   #1
Logically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to all

Name: Wes
Logically Insane's Tacoma Gallery
Door lock for passenger door?

OK, is it possible for me to get a keyed entry lock for my passenger door?
I get turned around a lot, and my passenger door always seems to be locked, and I have to walk all the way around to get my keys out of the ignition lol..
Just kind of wondering what I would have to do, Dealership I suppose?
Old 03-11-2010, 07:04 PM   #3
Logically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to all

That'd be nice, but no I'm actually talking about the lock that you can put your key into..
But I want it for the passenger door.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:06 PM   #4
DeathBound is a name known to allDeathBound is a name known to allDeathBound is a name known to allDeathBound is a name known to allDeathBound is a name known to allDeathBound is a name known to all

Army: Aviation
Name: Jay
DeathBound's Tacoma Gallery
Never seen it, I have keyless entry. For me it's the best way to go.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:08 PM   #5
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
keyless entry. hit your key fob twice and it'll unlock the other side
Old 03-11-2010, 07:11 PM   #6

Ok so heres the deal, occasionally I leave my remote in the truck with the key.
But I keep the valet key on a separate chain in my other pocket. When Im on the passenger side its a drag to walk all the way around.. So they don't make 'em for the passenger side?
Old 03-11-2010, 07:17 PM   #7
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
hmm never even noticed that there wasnt a key hole on the pass. side?
Old 03-11-2010, 07:23 PM   #8
DeathBound is a name known to allDeathBound is a name known to allDeathBound is a name known to allDeathBound is a name known to allDeathBound is a name known to allDeathBound is a name known to all

Army: Aviation
Name: Jay
DeathBound's Tacoma Gallery
I have a key hole on the front passenger side. Thought you were talking about rear doors.

Edit: I don't have one. That sucks.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:23 PM   #9
endoman is on a distinguished road
endoman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logically Insane View Post
OK, is it possible for me to get a keyed entry lock for my passenger door?
I get turned around a lot, and my passenger door always seems to be locked, and I have to walk all the way around to get my keys out of the ignition lol..
Just kind of wondering what I would have to do, Dealership I suppose?
Logically Insane,
Did you find a solution to your lock issue? I am also needing a keyed door lock for the front passenger door. My 2010 does not have an outside lock that I can stick a key in and unlock it. I don't carry the remote. Too much bulk in my pocket.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:35 PM   #10
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
My 08 has no power locks and has cylinders on both sides. Must be an option. Look at a dealer parts site for one.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:09 PM   #11
OmegaMan is on a distinguished road

Army: '90-pres,Aco 2/156th Infantry, LRS Team leader G co 143rd LRSC (ABN), Secret squirrel 2004-present
OmegaMan's Tacoma Gallery
I don't see why you can't get another drivers side handle and turn it upside down. You would need to swap the pieces around but it should probably work.

I would be fairly certain that the door handles is a global part and they have to have something for the RH Drive trucks.

1st step is to pull the door apart and look at the guts, but it should work with not much effort.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:11 PM   #12
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaMan View Post
I don't see why you can't get another drivers side handle and turn it upside down. You would need to swap the pieces around but it should probably work.

I would be fairly certain that the door handles is a global part and they have to have something for the RH Drive trucks.

1st step is to pull the door apart and look at the guts, but it should work with not much effort.
Drivers side has a lever that operates a rod which locks and unlocks the striker lock. It would turn the wrong way if it could be installed on the passenger side.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:50 PM   #13
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
My 06 has power locks and a keyhole on the passenger door. I doubt there has been much changed between the two years. I would make friends with the dealer parts guys and get them to pull up the diagrams for an earlier truck and then your truck and see what parts are different between the two. Order those parts and install. Ask if they can key the lock for you with your keycode that came with your keys. Otherwise, might have to find a local locksmith to change it.

If you follow through with it, post up please. I am curious now.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:08 PM   #14
OmegaMan is on a distinguished road

Army: '90-pres,Aco 2/156th Infantry, LRS Team leader G co 143rd LRSC (ABN), Secret squirrel 2004-present
OmegaMan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skytower View Post
Drivers side has a lever that operates a rod which locks and unlocks the striker lock. It would turn the wrong way if it could be installed on the passenger side.

This is why I said to flip the tail piece on the back of the lock. The rod should be the same on both sides (drivers door should work on passenger side).
Old 02-03-2011, 05:49 AM   #15
Stay lifted my friends !
Wattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Uncle K
Wattapunk's Tacoma Gallery
Be easier and cheaper to keep the passenger windows down.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:20 AM   #16
endoman is on a distinguished road
endoman's Tacoma Gallery
I have seen some Tacomas with the passenger outside door lock, so the parts should be available for my 2010. I will attempt to find the parts list from Toyota. Hopefuly, the parts are low cost.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:06 PM   #17

Look up a dealer website, most use the same online parts exploded view program.