Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Grillcraft mesh series grill- Too transparent?

Old 03-11-2010, 10:26 AM   #1
It's a work in progress.
LeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
LeadFootCaliKid's Tacoma Gallery
Grillcraft mesh series grill- Too transparent?

So I just got the Grillcraft MX series grill and I love it, from up close. It matches the nostrils almost perfectly and it so clean looking. But from far away you can see right through it and it almost looks like nothing is there.

Has anybody done anything or have any ideas how to make them it transparent?

Thanks
Old 03-11-2010, 10:55 AM   #4
It's a work in progress.
LeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Much easier to fix than I though. I figured on black trucks it looks a lot better just cause everything is black. Do I need to take the entire front end apart to paint it?
Old 03-11-2010, 10:59 AM   #5
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
You don't HAVE to...Be sure to mask properly and pay attention to the wind and stuff.
I just taped some trash bags over mine and sprayed on a light wind day in the back of the parking lot....I haven't done the horn relo yet....but probably soon....Cause I'm thinking about putting a Grill craft inplace of my billet...
Old 03-11-2010, 11:02 AM   #6
It's a work in progress.

Oh you painted yours and you only have a billet? Could you see through there easily?

The only thing I would need to remove is the grill itself?
Old 03-11-2010, 11:15 AM   #8
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadFootCaliKid View Post
Oh you painted yours and you only have a billet? Could you see through there easily?

The only thing I would need to remove is the grill itself?
Yeah...It was obvious enut that I laid some paint while the grill was out (and so yeah-I'd pull out the grill to do it...)
Old 03-11-2010, 01:15 PM   #9
4x4Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Ben
4x4Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I like it can u post a pic with a more abroad view