1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hollow, rattling noise from in front glove box

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by BImike, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Mar 11, 2010 at 11:12 AM
    BImike

BImike [OP] Member

Member:
    06, TRD, SRD, 4x, 4dr, longbed.

The noise happens when I start the truck in the morning. I start it up and I heare it. When I put it in reverse to leave the driveway the hollow, rattling sound gets louder (with foot on brake). Reving the engine doesn't cause it to increase, usually when in idle or low speed (less than 5 mph). It comes from behind the glove box area towards the firewall. For the most part, it disappears after the truck warms up. However, the last couple days it's been doing it in the mid-day as well. Usually happens in reverse only but recently a little in Drive as well.

Wanted to know if anyone else has this problem.

2. Mar 11, 2010 at 11:16 AM
    judd94

judd94 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Vehicle:
    17 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium
    Mods in Progress
    this is a very common rattle. it is the pass air bag with is in a cage and that cage is in another cage. these cages rattle around together. put something between them that is tight. search for rattles and you will find how some guys fixed it. one guy used a piece of fuel line.

i have to fix this on mine too

3. Mar 11, 2010 at 11:20 AM
    twr437

twr437 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    East Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport 4x4 LB
    nerf bars, bed cover, husky liners, Icon coilovers, LR UCA, rear 5100s, TSB AAL, diff drop, carrier baring drop, axel shims, AFE pro dry filter, BHLM, mesh grill, Black emblems,
    I had this probem..........went exploreing and found a couple of loose screws on one of the mounts........rattle gone:D

4. Mar 11, 2010 at 11:29 AM
    Warren Thompson

Warren Thompson GeoTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Elko, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    '06 Tacoma DC TRD Sport RadRed
    I had this problem. Engine cold, backing out of the driveway. There are many posts on TW for this rattle. Mine was where the CAI connects into the left fender well. I believe there was a TSB on this in 2007? I simply put some foam rubber around the coupling were the plastic CAI enters the sheetmetal of the fender well and the noise has never returned. Simple fix to a common rattle. Try this simple fix first.

Products Discussed in

To Top