Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Nissan Utili-track Cargo Channel System.

Old 03-11-2010, 12:38 PM   #1
dog tired is a name known to alldog tired is a name known to alldog tired is a name known to alldog tired is a name known to alldog tired is a name known to alldog tired is a name known to all

Army: Infantry
dog tired's Tacoma Gallery
Nissan Utili-track Cargo Channel System.

Can we use hardware for this track system on the Tacoma ? Anyone know ?
Old 03-11-2010, 01:02 PM   #2
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
I would think so? Shouldn't be that hard to bolt that stuff to your bed.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:05 PM   #3
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
don't think so, IIRC my channels in the frontier were ALOT larger than the tacomas.

Wait do you mean put the utilitrack system in the tacoma, or use the cleats from the frontier in the tacoma?
Old 03-11-2010, 03:21 PM   #4
SmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
SmoothFox's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog tired View Post
Can we use hardware for this track system on the Tacoma ? Anyone know ?
Nissan parts on a Toy?

blasphemy!
Old 03-11-2010, 03:31 PM   #5
Grey Jay is on a distinguished road
Grey Jay's Tacoma Gallery
Nissan Utilitrac is far superior to Toyota's system. Utilitrac is the exact demsions as Unistrut (or Cantrus where I am from.) It is like a giant mechano set for electricians. You can build anything with it. The rails set into the bed make for added conveinience.

If there is only one thing better about the frontys this is it. Trust me I had one and thanked myself for buying a Nissan every time I used it!
Old 03-11-2010, 03:34 PM   #6
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
the fact that the tracks run down the middle of the bed was really convenient also.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:39 PM   #7
StaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
StaticFilter's Tacoma Gallery
Hah yeah i was thinking of replacing my rails with unistrut! I'm an electrician with plenty of experience with it and access to hardware for it. Spring nut and an eye bolt = unlimited tiedowns!
Old 03-11-2010, 04:35 PM   #8
Grey Jay is on a distinguished road
Grey Jay's Tacoma Gallery
I just thought of something.

You could probaly buy some narrow P700 (or R1 or whetver it is called, the narrow stuff) Unistrut in stainless and bolt it on top of the Toyota rails. It would almost be as good as Utilitrac, minus the rails mounted to the box floor.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:13 PM   #9
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
the frontiers stuff is stronger than the plastic crap in our beds.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:17 PM   #10
Grease Monkey
glandnut will become famous soon enoughglandnut will become famous soon enough

glandnut's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, I thought of doing this a few months back as well. I was looking to possibly buy one of the many length bedrail kits trdparts4u stocks...
http://www.trdparts4u.com/Scripts/pr...s&idCategory=3

I thought a pair of these might fit right between the raised sections of the bottom of the bed like the Frontier. Using Tunda cleats might be stronger, or at least not look as weak as the plastic Taco ones.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:47 AM   #11
dog tired is a name known to alldog tired is a name known to alldog tired is a name known to alldog tired is a name known to alldog tired is a name known to alldog tired is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by uood8 View Post
don't think so, IIRC my channels in the frontier were ALOT larger than the tacomas.

Wait do you mean put the utilitrack system in the tacoma, or use the cleats from the frontier in the tacoma?
cleats and after market cleat stuff

Thanks everybody I got my answer
Old 03-12-2010, 04:02 PM   #12
JKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JKD's Tacoma Gallery
I have been eyeing some stuff called "E-track" at my local farm/ranch supply store. It's cheap, and it looks like I could probably install two 24" sections on the front corners of my bed and be pretty much good to go for anything I need to tie down.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:13 PM   #13
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
yup i had a nismo and dam that system was nice,,,,
but it will not fit the cleats in a toyo system....
Old 03-12-2010, 09:52 PM   #14
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
I just finished installing "unistrut" tracks inplace of the Toyota tracks.
I used the 1 5/8" X 7/8". Had to drill a couple holes in it to match up with the factory fastner locations.
I used a plated strut and did not like it so I painted it black.
The paint may not hold up well so I may have them powder coated if they do not wear well.

Also did not want to use the factory Torx head fastners so I picked up some hex or allen button head stainless steel fastners.

The stuff is great for building any type of brackets of mounts in the bed.

The factory rails seem to be able to use the 1 1/4" unistrut nuts from measurements I have taken. I was hoping to just buy some 1 1/4" nuts but they are a size unistrut dealers around here don't carry.

So that is how I ended up going with thw 1 5/8" channel.
I just finished it today and will take a few pics tomorrow.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:49 AM   #15
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Shot a few quick pics this morning.
Used a gusseted 90 in the bed corners. The hole makes a nice mount location for tiedowns or?
You can see the difference in the strutvs the factory rails in the last 2 photos.

Many ideas still floating around in the mushy little brain.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Utili-track Cargo Channel System.-tacoma-bed-rails-015.jpg   Nissan Utili-track Cargo Channel System.-tacoma-bed-rails-016.jpg   Nissan Utili-track Cargo Channel System.-tacoma-bed-rails-020.jpg   Nissan Utili-track Cargo Channel System.-tacoma-bed-rails-017.jpg   Nissan Utili-track Cargo Channel System.-tacoma-bed-rails-019.jpg  

Old 03-13-2010, 08:54 AM   #16
Grease Monkey
glandnut will become famous soon enoughglandnut will become famous soon enough

glandnut's Tacoma Gallery
^^Sweet. So it looks like the unistrut is too wide to fit in the lower troughs of the bed moldings, huh?
Old 03-13-2010, 09:02 AM   #17
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by glandnut View Post
^^Sweet. So it looks like the unistrut is too wide to fit in the lower troughs of the bed moldings, huh?
Yes I do not think it will fit into the lower sections of the bed floor.
Unistrut does make a 5/8" or 11/16" wide strut I think.
But then you would need to use the correct nuts to fit.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:53 AM   #18

very nice
Old 03-13-2010, 09:55 AM   #19
Crooked Beat is on a distinguished road
Crooked Beat's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f...nistrut-34948/

http://forums.overlander.com.au/viewtopic.php?p=722055
Old 09-22-2010, 10:33 AM   #20
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
Subscribed